website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Peanut Butter/Jelly Sandwich! Yep, You Read Right!

Here I go again. My day is done and I'm at the keyboard. The day has been reduced to memories. Before shutting the book of my life on this individual page of what I hope is plenty more to come, I'd like to add my last bit of thoughts. My way of relaxing, body, mind and soul. Lessons are learned every moment, every, hour of the day. Unless we replay them through our heart their gone. Why? Let's think upon this for 60 seconds, uninterrupted.

We have been blessed! How! The fact that you're reading this! The fact that I'm talking to you and given the privilege to type my thoughts as the last thing on my mind is simplistic beauty. You're taking a moment of a quite possibly hectic day to read my last thoughts, craziness, jokes, ramblings, whatever you wish to call it, teaches me humility. How so? I search for simplicity of mind, heart and soul. Whether it be in saying the EXACT thoughts, no matter! I truly have been humbled beyond words that my wish to say what's on my mind uncensored.

Uncensored by meaning, in our everyday world we DON'T speak our mind, or truly listen do WE? WE, and I make myself , # ONE have had our basic simple child like love destroyed through living. How sad! My quest is to release the child locked away from everyday burdens. What you're reading is doing just that, at the ripe old age of 60. Yep the big 6-0.  For the first time since the innocence of childhood I'm not afraid to be ME! Is it growing up, old age, I don't give a shit! I'm being ME! If only for an hour a day, it feels GREAT! "Find your passion and make it happen". Simple enough right! We give up too easy, because just living, just existing is too hard!!! Amen brothers and sisters!

Working my life in production facilities, WE are always rushed. Hurry, hurry, hurry, scurrying, scurrying, scurrying, like rats in a sewer. That's how we start looking at everything in OUR life.

I'm here to tell you you can find simple pleasures EVERY WHERE if you start searching! Seems totally idiotic right! You mean to tell me you can't see or feel simple pleasures! I don't buy that! You need to bring back the child within! It ain't easy, nothing worth having comes easy. Damn! Instead of spending your lunch time, scurrying around in a crowded restaurant. Take a peanut butter/jelly sandwich, go to the park, watch the squirrels play, roll down them windows, listen to mother nature, slow the world down.

We can't control the world, but we can find reprieve for a little while in our day. The world and WE move way too fast. We think we must be hurrying, in constant non-stop communication with our cellphones, why? Take a leisurely stroll without that Devil's Spawn! If  you can't do without the self-inflicted habit for one hour, there ain't no hope for ya!!!       

2 comments:

  1. I often take the time to just "be still" . Life goes by so quickly like a fast moving train to nowhere unless we take the time to stop and just live in the moment. Yes, it can be hard to do in this society we are living in, but it can be done. Excellent post Glen and one full of WISDOM.

    PS: I read that the cost of peanut butter is going up 40% next month. Better stock up now !!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to ask you, was it your birthday yesterday (when you wrote this) or were you just mentioning that you were 60? I have a lot of people in my life who have just, or are about to turn 60. My husband, my best friend's husband, my brother, one of my best lady friends. I still have four years, but I am not going to let that age bother me. I did not care when I hit 50 and 60 is just another number. Now when I was 30 I might not have thought that haha!

    ReplyDelete