website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Friday, October 14, 2011

Bobble Headed Toys & People Too

Every one knows what a bobble head is right! The silly little heads on a spring that bobbles up and down. I personally think these small outlandishly funny spring headed toys are the neatest advertising gimmick ever! It's the continual rocking and popping up, down, sideways, you can't stop looking, hopefully you're not driving.

My first memory with a bobble head toy is watching the head weave and bob as I rode in the backseat of my parents car. I couldn't of been more than six years old. I put it in the back window and watched it, absolutely delighted. For the life of me I can't remember what face was on my first one. Oh well it doesn't matter, it was the movement as the car went around corners, hitting bumps, and the jarring motion. How can something so simple and funny have stayed with me all these years? It was fun that's why!

These types of items were given away as promotional gifts way back when, most probably at what we once called service stations. I'll give a quick history lesson as a reminder to you old ones and something never experienced in the fast paced pump your own convenience stores from hell of today for you young'ins. On the most prominent corners in cities, you might have two to three service stations competing, for YOU, the once loved and sought after CUSTOMER! You'd pull your 58 Chevy Impala into the drive, where a buzzer would sound alerting the station attendant or attendants, CUSTOMER. Before the key was turned off, there would be a "helpful smiling" human, asking "fill-er up, mam or sir". While filling up your automobile they'd clean your windshield and check your oil, free of charge, yep! I have not taken my meds yet, so I ain't hallucinating, meditaing, or medicated, na, na, na, na, na, na!!!

 (Slight regression to childhood please strike that from the crazy old man's rambling, readers will remove that from their memories.)

 These servive stations offered tires, tune-ups, basic automotive repair and they had these stations everywhere. There was numerous names long gone, like Sinclair, who's logo was a dinosaur, Phillips 66, an on and on. No big gulps, hot dogs or any of that stuff, these were service stations, and they were in competition for your automotive fuel and needs, yes-sir, them were the days of real service!!!

Now we have "CONVENIENCE" stores! There sure as hell ain't nothing convenient about them! Well maybe if you pay at the pump with your credit or debit card, then you can zip out. Lord have mercy, if you pay cash, you may be in for a long afternoon. If you want  $20 on pump 32 you may have to wait--- and wait--- for people carrying 64 ounces of super chug soft drinks, or people buying Lotto tickets, or hot dogs, on them germ infested turning all the time, 24 hours a day 365 days a year, PROBABLY never cleaned super sausage kill-ya grills! Yikes, yuck, yum, yum!!! CONVENIENCE stores my ass! You ever made the mistake of buying fuel with CASH and going inside on Friday evening around five o'clock? Won't do it again will ya? First off, there be 32 @#$%ing pumps and you can't get to one of them! These crazy ass people are all inside! Does everybody in my neighborhood need fuel at the same time I do or what?!?!?
    
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

YOU SEE THIS HAS MORPHED INTO SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAN WHAT STARTED! I JUST HAD TO REMINISCE AND GIVE A HISTORY LESSON AND GIVE MY OPINION AND I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN TO THE POINT I ORIGINALLY HAD, WHEN I BEGAN THIS EXERCISE IN WHATEVER!!!  I'LL EVENTUALLY GET THERE, HOLD YOUR BRITCHES ON!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We should have them bobble headed toys on our desks and everywhere in our working environment. Feeling tense, go pop a bobble head of Rocky Balboa as Apollo Creed plays whoop ass on him! Watch Rocky's head bobble up, down, sideways, just like in the movie. Better still put a picture of someone who gives you the hee-bee-gee-bees. It would be a frustration reliever and watching that critter move up, down, sideways, you would have to smile at least an inner chuckle, or baby you ain't human, you're a robot!   

ANY-HOW--- back to my "original" thought, of two days ago! (haha) Have you ever known people with a head, as hard as Rocky? AMEN! On that! We all have! Am I right!! I know one of these bobble headed ones! I'mma talkin about the ones who say, "I know! I know! My most recent adventure with one of these I call bobble headed ones was just the other day. I just learned something from "the horses mouth", a decision made on something that happened just that "very day". This bobble head says, after I tell him this news, "I know! I know! I know! I know! I knew it last week"! Shaking his bobble headed moronic, lame brained, spring headed, head! This is not the first time I have tried to tell him something that I know, he doesn't know! (Are you following me on this?) I ABSOLUTELY GO BANANAS WHEN SOME ONE DOES ME THIS WAY, AND I KNOW THEY DON'T!!!! Ohhhhhhh!!!!!  Thanks for visiting the partial workings of my mind!
  

1 comment:

  1. What a trip down memory lane this was !!! I too remember those bobble heads AND full service gas stations. For some reason I used to love going with my Daddy to fill up the car (I think it was the smell of the gas fumes to be honest.....maybe that killed off a few of my brain cells and that is why I can't write those "educated" blogs !! haha). I remember the attendant who worked at the Standard station, the only place my Daddy would get gas. As the gas was pumping he would check the oil and wash the windows and he used to peek in and make goofy faces at me. I remember thinking he was funny, but a bit scary. Of course everyone was scary to me since I was so shy. I tell my kids about how the service station used to be and they can't believe someone would actually come pump gas for free.

    ANd yes, I think we have all come across a real bobble head from time to time .

    Thanks for the smiles and the trip down memory lane. This is why I come over her every morning. :-)

    ReplyDelete