website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Brain Filter, Huh!

In the course of the day many thoughts flash through my mind to write about. A smell, a word, an emotion, a laugh. The flash is gone as quickly as it strikes, other priorities more pressing, the thoughts are put on the back burner, so to speak. We move on, because life is that way, so much happening at the same time. We don't have time to relish in the seconds that seem so damn good at that time! There is no way we can recapture them, like right at this moment! It would be great to be able to do that one time at the end of the day. Take inventory of the laughs, smiles, grins, good thoughts even for a fraction of a second. On the flip side how about bad thoughts, hatred, jealousy and so on and so forth! What would we find our tally to be at the end of the day? I bet it would be totally surprising!

I have a very poor memory. I can recall the overall importance, but damn I wish I count remember the stats and lingo. It irritates me that I can't, never could! In taking tests during my school days, I struggle remembering the dates of something so trivial to me as, what year was Joan of Arc beheaded? What year was the Statue of Liberty delivered to the United States? Interesting to me at only that moment of time. Nothing I plan on ever neeeding to know, ever again, u-know!  

Anyhow, recently on the radio, I heard some extremely interesting statistics, stating the amount of decision making thoughts our mind makes in one day, I remember thinking wow!!! This person also said, a particular part of the brain weeds out immediatly what needs to be retained and tosses out the rest, also the amount, out of thousands, this particular part of the brain saves. I was in awe of that fact, vowing to remember, not the statistics, but the name of the part of the brain that does that! Well, needless to say, I forgot, but the amazement of that statistical moment + the fact that our on board computer/brain can do that intrigued me!

Why are people wired so differently? I have always been a student of observation. Probably more so than average, from hearing lost and just plain old curiosity that has never deminished to this day. Years spent around machinery and as a supervisor only heightened my curiosity and observation. I find it to be a + and a - in my lifetime.

In my miniscule daily existence, I choose to laugh and make fun of the difference in people I come across everyday! I think it would be interesting to get inside so and so's brain to see how they are wired. Then I glance at so and so and think, ain't no way I want inside that brain!!! What if I can't come back to my mind? Terror causes me to shake uncontrollably!

Naturally we come prewired from our parents and imprinted from day one by them. That be good or bad, depending right! But never in the history of mankind have we been bombarded by so much from everywhere, non XXXXing stop. That part of the brain I'll call it a FILTER seems to be working better on some than others! (hahaha)

I'VE LIVED LONG ENOUGH TO SEE THROUGH THE BULL. BEING HARD OF HEARING, I NO LONGER FEEL IS A HANDICAP. I SEE AND SENSE EVERYTHING AROUND ME. ONCE I READ AN OLD SAYING, "BELIEVE NOTHING OF WHAT YOU HEAR! BELIEVE 50% OF WHAT YOU SEE"! THERE WAS NO MENTIONING OF WHAT YOU READ! I'LL ADD MY TID-BIT OF WISDOM, AS MY NEW NICKNAME, "CON-FUSED". "BELIEVE IN WHAT YOUR HEART THINKS, FOR IF IT DON'T RUN THROUGH YOUR HEART, IT DON'T MEAN DIDDLY SQUAT!!! goodnight my friends, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite, as always thanks for visiting the ramblings of a tired old man.  

4 comments:

  1. Like you, I have a million thoughts that go through my head on any given day. That is how I chose my name PerfectMindStorm...... it came from the fact that I have so many ideas and thoughts swirling around in my brain. I started writing as a way to get some of that out, to calm the storm so to speak!
    The brain, or mind is an interesting thing and it is rather amazing to realize how we do filter thoughts and ideas. I am wondering though, if mine is working right, because some of the thoughts in my head don't seem useful to me at all !!!

    I love reading YOUR thoughts. You put a smile on my face each morning and I thank you for sharing your "mind" here in Glenview :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh by the way. I left a reply to you on your comment about that picture of the bird being set free. I do not own that image. For the most part I like to use my own photography or images , but sometimes I can't find something that fits so I go to the free image sharing sites online to get something to illustrate my blogs. I wish I had made a note as to where I found that particular one so I could share it with you. I will do that in the future though, but as I said, for the most part I do try to use my own pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and Jeanne d'Arc was burned at the stake not beheaded(1431, I believe)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, I did not catch that part about her being beheaded. When I read Timster's comment, I decided to google it to find out the story. The first thing that came up was an article about how she was burned at the STEAK....... Hmmmm wonder if it was rare or well done?? !!! you know, steak, stake...... :-)

    ReplyDelete