website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Brown Blanket & Gallinippers!

I come home from work exactly one week ago and there was a brown blanket on my back porch! It wasn't there when when I to work. The falling of leaves can happen that quickly, amazing, isn't it! My green grass is now all shades of brown. Low and behold, my leaves decided to fall, all within 24 hours on the tree closest to my back door. The first sighting of leaves on the ground is breathtaking, fall is in the air, and then, the excitement is gone, you come to your senses, I hate to rake leaves! A flashback of a kid making money raking the brown feathers of the Tree Goose. They're so light, you force and force placing your leg inside the plastic bag pushing as many in as possible. You can get a mountain of leaves in a few bags, yet they weigh so little, like a bag of feathers, Goose feathers. You take two bags and have a fight with your friend or sibling, then it's fun. If you have to rake and rake and rake it becomes boring labor intensified WORK, yuck! Then you get the reward $, allright, straight to the neighborhood Grocery Store for a candy bar and a bottle of working boy's reward, Coca-Cola to replenish the energy lost and the candy bar because it's soo good! You're a boy once again that workin, is too much like work, how does Mom and Pop do that, thinkin to yourself. (When I grow up I want to be rich, so I won't have to work, it sure ain't fun, as you stare at the callouses on your hands.) You jump onto your Schwinn bicycle and ride, ride, ride,  working off the caffeine/sugar buzz. Hi-oh Silver! Your back to a kid once more as you ride your trusty stallion, just like The Lone Ranger.

 I remember years past leaves accumulating was a rather slow process. If there was rain and a strong wind, then they would come down in a hurry like a heavy snow. I suppose each year is different and follows Mother Nature's advice, I reckon! I have learned a easy way to get rid of them tree goose feathers. I mulch them suckers with my cub cadet, pulverize them to smithereens, fertilizer for next year, yep!

The same night as I walk across the grass from the parking lot at work, my eyes behold an unusual sight, Gallinippers. (I hear ya thinkin WHAT?)  Every fall these mosquito like, in appearance are every where. While I was walking through the grass, I was kicking them up and rather eery reminiscent of mosquitoes only 10 times larger. Their proper name is Crane flies, other names used for them are, mosquito hawks, mosquito eaters and jimmy spinners.

The same night as the leaves falling and the walk through the sea of Crane flies, I'm at my computer. Normally I type with only the light from my monitor, I find it more ????? relaxing, intimate, personal, hell I don't know why! Anyhow, one of them big ass mothers landed on my computer screen. I had an amazing look at one of them up close and personal. The screen magnified the head and I was mystified as I watched the head moving, believe me when I say this was probably a once in a life time coincidence, I was in awe, it was quite amazing!!! 

You're probably thinkin, I live a borin life! Well that there's one way of lookin at it! I love noticin or takin the time to APPRECIATE little thangs. Darn I neva getta tired of tellin or enjoyin the small once overlooked itty-bitty wonderment of livin my life. I love to toy with ya with misspellin wurds, givin my opinions, inner thoughts with the (brackets), my OWN sense of huma. Ya see, I don't wish to be like everybody else, I'm what I write, what you read. I am what I am! I am my imagination flyin free being and goin wherever it wishes to be!!! No cares no worry FREE, you SEE!!

YESTERDAYS POST, GAMES PEOPLE PLAY WAS RATHER UNUSUAL, EVEN FOR ME! I STARTED OUT WITH THE SONG AND WORDS IN MY MIND AND BEGAN GETTING INTO THE FLOW! MY BUDDY CALLS IT AUTOMATIC WRITING. IT WAS LIKE SOMEONE OR SOMETHING TOOK OVER MY POST. IT JUST CAME OUT! OH WELL SHITE HAPPENS DON'T IT! IT WAS FUN NO MATTER! goodnight hope you enjoyed the time spent here in Glen View......        

2 comments:

  1. You may hate raking leaves, but I envy you as you get to experience the change in seasons. Since I grew up in Indiana, northern Indiana to be exact, I experienced the full changing of seasons each year and it was something to look forward to. I did my share of raking leaves also, but we lived out in the country, so we burned our leaves rather than bag them. It is one of the scents of Autumn that still lingers.
    Here in Florida we do have seasons, Early Summer, Summer, Mid Summer and Late Summer. Ok, I am exaggerating a bit, but there really is not distinct change, so I do miss the Fall.
    Well once again, this was a great post. I enjoyed reading it as usual.
    As for someone or something taking over when you write. I understand that completely as that has happened to me at times , more so in the past than lately as I have a bit of writers block these days. I enjoyed yesterday's post and I could say so much in reply, but do not want to take away from what you wrote ! Have a good sleep my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, glad to see you are observing the "little wonders of the world" *smiles*

    ReplyDelete