website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

I Believe

I set in complete darkness, except for the light of my computer screen. Its hard to admit that after much more than half a century I know less than I ever did in my entire life. I was patriotic and believed in the American way. That was instilled in my family and that was passed down. Good basic core family values, God, family, country, work hard pay taxes obey the law. "ASK NOT WHAT YOUR COUNTRY CAN DO FOR YOU, BUT WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY"!!! Beautiful words I believed in, as I believe a lot of the citizens believed when, John Fitzgerald Kennedy spoke those words in the earl sixties.... He wanted to put a man on the moon, I believed him... Children believe in Mamma, Daddy, Grandma, Grandpa, Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, Christmas and all the stories that make Christmas so, soo special... You learn early in life about certain myths, others persist. You need to believe so, you just do. If your family believes you must believe. You learn to read, then read the newspaper, I believed... So many books, so much schooling, teachers are smart I believed... Everybody seems smarter than me so I listen and I believed... Sixties saw much chaos, turmoil in America, death of a President, I believed... A necessary war in Vietnam I believed... Walter Cronkite every evening, I believed.. A man landing on the moon in 1969, I believed... The seventies was good for me I believed... Eighties was good for me I believed in the good ol'U. S. of A. Why not its been good to me... In the nineties things they are-a-changing! Why I'm not sure, am I growing up, I seem to question the things I never use to, just didn't feel right! The Hollywood President of the eighties just never felt right to me. Why I wasn't sure but I still believed... During the nineties uncertainty, doubt, questions seem to build. Must just be me I'm getting older and going through a phase I shrugged it off mostly. I had plenty of questions but was going through my own life altering events, so my disbelief of questionable things going on here and around the world didn't matter I was fighting for my own survival. The Presidential election of the new millenia seemed cartoonish. A bad B movie made in Hollywood. More like Elmer Fudd and Daffy Duck fighting over who gets to roast Bugs Bunny. Eight years of disbelieve or plagues of Biblical Proportions are upon us. The gates of hell have opened up to slowly swallow the planet, one war at a time. You wake up one day and all the banks are in trouble!!! Give an old man a fucking break!!! The good ol'U. S. of A. is 14 trillion dollars in debt. So while we common hard working folk are raising our families some mighty Evil Entity has fucked the goose that laid the golden egg. Seems to an old country boy the foxes have been in charge of the hen houses all along just waiting for the precise time to rape pillage and plunder the chickens and take over the farm. We my friends are the chickens plucked and fucked almost to death... Why? We the average Joe's and Josephine's can't comprehend such evil Entities. Shit no!!! We been brought up believing in good, believing that people smarter than us are looking out for us. I believe we are up the creek without a paddle! Paddle my ass before long we ain't even going to have a boat.         

1 comment: