website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Main Steet as a young pup & old dog!

We wish to think our life's experiences & enjoyments were soo much better, way back when! "I pity the fool"! (Thank you Mr. T.) Experiences that are profoundly bad, scary, sad, never die, they stay and can be quickly retrieved from our memory instantaneously. The flip side of the record of life, caries the good, heartwarming memories. What about the 99% of living, where is that stored? Is it forgotten? I don't think so!!! Those of you old enough to remember 45 records, of our favorite groups back in the dark ages, before the modern revolution of computers. You would buy the record for the A side. One day you decide to play the B side, & & &, HALLELUJAH!!! A one in a million hit is found. I love these life's moments.

I have only brief memories of life before 1st grade. Jumbled, good & bad. From that point until now, all of life is blurred. What a shame! I have forgotten the vast majority of my life? Here lies the color, the make up, the body of life. MAN! it's who we are! I'm over a half-century old, I briefly remember my first seven years. I really, really, remember my last seven years. In between is my life!

Way back when young walking down Main Street of Ameicana was eye-popping. As a young pup I was drooling, wagging my tail at all the smells & sights. I couldn't get enough. Every store was unique, therefore each one was amazinging. Imagine if you will. (I know you have an imagination OR you wouldn't be visiting my little site!) You walk into the world megalith shop till you pop conglomerates of the modern era, what do you smell? Think_____ chicken, bakery items or chain outlets right inside the door. That is your common store like Wally's World, where you can get an oil change, rotate your tires, while your frozen chicken is thawing out! It'll take that long at the speedy automotive department. Why you ask? If you have to ask, you've never tried the automotive department, where Jim Bob, Ray Bob, Earl Bob, brothers & their cousins Floyd, Confused, Skeeter & let's not forget their cross dressing man/woman Tyrone Beth. (Did I draw that picture too accurate & scare you to near death,
Sorry!

Okay, the modern shop until you drop stores of today aim to please every middle class American. I just described the low end mega store. The upper end of the dying middle class as in College and skilled trade ones, that are in demand. You walk into these stores and you don't smell nothing a-cooking. You smell freshly cleaned squeegee machined antibacterial smelling floors, & what a shine. You think, man-oh-man this here is my kind of a store! So your 50$ an hour plumbers can shop here!    

Sorry, I can't describe where the rich people shop. I never been to any of these stores. But on T V & the movies they appear to be individualized speciality stores.

I'm a mite confused! As a young pup & young adulthood, Main Street housed individual specialty stores. You could park your 15 year old Ford, or your brand new Lincoln Continental & walk into the Candy store, Drug store/Ice Cream store, buy a magazine or book at the Book store, WALK into the Bank, (What walk in!) catch a hamburger & fries with a fountain made fresh coca-cola. Go to the Men's Store, Jewelry Store, seems every other corner had a real Service Station. You see the picture, don't ya! Damn, damn, damn! I'm confused! 

Today you walk Main Street, Banks, Insurance Companies, Financial Brokers, Real Estate Agents, Lawyers Offices. So Main Street once was middle class Americana. 

Now it's Corporate America! Hum... Seems money has taken over everywhere! They've taken over our identity, we middle class no longer have our Main Street. Once proud thriving heartbeat of America is parking garages and Wall Street. They've reaped their harvest at the raping of our heart, our soul, our identities have perished along with our MainStreets!

How very sad! We have our Mega Stores, our Chain Restaurants, that eat at the very foundation that we once were! Progress is here, I for one don't like it! All the bad of the world has taken over my little Home Town. We have Mega Movie Theaters with mass created un-watchable entertainment for the mentally challenged. We have every chain restaurant to further kill our families off. We have lost our good paying middle class jobs for low paying outlet stores. Millions are losing the roofs over their heads because they can no longer make house payments on their little pink houses in Suburbia. Their jobs have gone south, east, north, west as in another country. Yet, our elected representatives have given the rest of the world OUR childrens future. The banks of the world grow fat off the American people yes sir! Ah, Main Street today is GREED!!!

I WAS IN A REMINISCING MOOD AS I DROVE DOWN MAIN STREET OF MY HOMETOWN IN THE WEE HOURS OF THE MORNING ON SUNDAY AUGUST 4. SO MANY THOUGHTS FILLED MY HEAD I MUST WRITE THEM DOWN. THIS PIECE IS A JUMBLED MESS OF MEMORABILIA BUT SOMEHOW SEEMS APPROPRIATE OF WHO WE HAVE BECOME IN THIS MODERN AGE OF NO IDENTITY. THE POWERS THAT BE HAVE STOLEN IT! MAIN STREET THE GOOD DAYS ARE GONE FOREVER, I PITY THE FOOLS OF THE NEW GENERATIONS, THEY KNOW NOT WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THEIR FUTURE AND THE CONTINUAL RAPAGE OF THEIR UNBORN CHILDREN!  I apologize, my intent was to write a funny piece as it started off to be. I was hijacked as my mind went serious on ya'all... I'm sorry! Glen View

1 comment: