website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Oxymoron (Out of Control!)

Springtime, when "cool warmth" begins! Is that an oxymoron?

My eyes are one again all puffy, well not really my eyes, although that's quite funny, thinking what my eyes would look like! Is that an oxymoron or just me as a moron? I'm having a real tough time reading!

While at my favorite hardware store today, well gigantic hardware store by the today's standards.

Temperature's in the mid 70's, perfecto! People dressed for summer, summertime, summertime, good old summertime! UH HUH!!! Sorry I'm getting out of control! Allergy meds and tea, may be too . . . much for this one! (You seen the title to this post, I'm going for broke!)

Guys with their cutoff tee shirts,  women without jackets, a sunny day without wind 75 degrees ya see. Well this one woman around thirty years old and was wearing a winter coat. kinda seemed oxy-moronish to me!

I best define oxymoron a fore Issa, getta outta control!

OXYMORON, well I think I'll break it down to oxy. Oxy be like Paul Bunyan had a big blue Ox, or was it an Axe, "I can't remember so good!)  A small ox would be an oxy, right? Oh shite! I'm full of somethun tonight! Don't know what, but I wanna see where this, taketh me mind!

MORON, be an imbecile! An imbecile be, a fool, idiot, a person with very low intelligence, IQ of 25 to 50.

This is my definition. Im, be like, me, I reckon! Be like, to be, or not to be, or I be plum stuck!

Cile, be like another way of saying silly! SHORT FOR I'M-BEING-SILLY!

OXY-MORON The dictionary,  says, and you know how I "love hate," dictionaries!

Oxymoron is a figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous seemingly self-contradictory effect, as in "cruel kindness" "or to make haste slowly." (Yep!)

WHAT? Locution, incongruous" What the @#$% are they?

This is why I "love hate" the damn "dumb smart" dictionary! Yes I do!

Locution is that like that old song "do the locution with me?"   (No! No! That be "do the locomotion with me.")

Incongruous wow! That sounds like some disease. Incoming and grueling!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DO I HAVE TO LOOK THOSE TWO WORDS UP? I UNDERSTOOD MORE BEFORE I WENT TO THE DICTIONARY!
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
LOCUTION is a particular form of expression; a word, phrase, expression, or IDIOM, (I lika, that word!) especially as used by a particular person, group, etc.

INCONGRUOUS is out of place, inappropriate.

I think I know "more or less" than when I started!!!

I SEE THIS HERE POST IS "SHORT LONG" ON NOTHING!

IDIOMS are, literally ideas as expressions. They develop from older usage, where words mean something other than their literal message.

IDIOMATIC expression is the extension of the idea of an idiom, using it as the basis of the statement.    (((SEEMS I'M OUT OF CONTROL TODAY!!!)))

1 comment:

  1. Well I certainly loved this out of control blog Professor ! You always make me smile :-) When you gave the defininition of oxymoron , I was like "HUH?" That's the bad thing about the dictionary. If you look up one work, you end up looking up several more before you finally get it . Have a great week my friend.

    ReplyDelete