website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Let Me Prime The Pump!

Have you heard that phrase before? Yell I'm sure some of you have. In the old, old, days when you used a hand pump, sometimes you would have to pour a little water down the pump to get the water to come up and get going.. By the way seems to me in the summer time the water coming up from one of them hand pumps was colder and much better than any of the city water!

Many years ago my mother's old electric pump and storage tank was acting up. I went to the basement and put air in the tank because sometimes pumps would get what's called water logged! You would have to put air in the tank so the pump would not run all the time and it would kick off ay certain intervals. Well this old pump wasn't pumping so I tell her "I'm gonna try priming this thing." She asked "do you know what you're doing?" I told her "no! but you have no water now, so I don't see how I'm going to hurt anything! "We go next door and get a couple gallons of water. I uncap the water line from the ground and put as much water in the line as it would hold, presto in no time the water was a flowing!   WELL YOU KNOW YOU LEARN  FEW THINGS BY LIVING, DON'T YA?

I read an interesting article in the newspaper today. Hard to believe that right? Talking abut how sales of soda producers keep going down.

Well hell yeah! Not that many years ago people never drank water from a plastic bottle. They drank their well water and city supplied water. 

These two main players in the sodie market were afraid their gonna lose out in the bottled water money. They started their own water in the bottle and charge a dollar in the soda machines. Now if they are a making a heap o money in the soda industry, and sell them two liters of sodie for a little over a dollar in most supermarkets. I thought to myself about this, I said "who in their right fricking mind is gonna pay one dollar for a bottle of water in a soda machine?"

What I'm trying to say IS, if they be makin' lots o money off a few cents of syrup and a few other ingredients, then how much money do you think they're gonna make off plain ol' water!

Do you think their using all glacier water? I don't think so!!! I see 24 packs of water in sales circulars real cheap, it's just water in a plastic bottle!

I buy water from the city I live in for about twenty five dollars a month, I'm talking around 10,000 gallons. Once again do you honestly think when your buying water in plastic bottles that it's coming from underground springs and pure glacier water?

HELL YEAH, THE PRODUCERS OF SODA IS LOOSING SALES BECAUSE THERES SO MUCH OTHER DRINKS TO CHOOSE FROM. THEY DON'T HAVE THE MARKETS TO THEM SELVES NOW. RIGHT OR WRONG THE PUBLIC HAVE BEEN GIVEN OTHER CHOICES! AS FOR THIS OLD FART, I STILL LIKE MY SODIE POP AND DRINK MY WATER FROM THE KITCHEN FAUCET. IF I GONNA DIE, I GONNA DIE FROM THE REGULAR WAY I BEEN DRINKING ALL MY LIFE, NOT FROM AN OVERLOAD OF CAFFEINATED HEART ATTACKS IN A CAN LIKE THESE MODERN DRINKS! I SURE WOULD LIKE TO TRY THE OLD TRUE COCA-COLA DRINKS AND THAT COCAINE, I'VE HEARD THAT THEY PUT IN THEM IN THE BEGINNING. MAN O MAN THIS OLD FART'S ACHES AND PAINS WOULD BE GONE WOULDN'T THEY?   YAA-HOO!

1 comment:

  1. When I was a kid, our neighbors down the way had an old hand pump outside their house and that was the local "watering hole" for all of the neighborhood kids when we were out and about playing. That was the coldest water ever, even in the summer.

    It really is ridiculous that people actually pay that much for a bottle of water. Some people only drink bottled water, but it is nothing more than regular tap water from what I have read. And for a long time they were putting it in those bottles made of plastic with bph or some chemical that causes cancer........ go figure.

    ReplyDelete