website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Friday, April 18, 2014

700 Posts! UNBELIEVABLE

This is my 700 post! I thought I should write something special. If only I could! Then I thought I have given you a heap of insight of whom I be, and what is in, me head! Those of you that read my little foray into writing probably know me better than any other person, because I give you my thoughts, completely! This is not a staged reality show baby! This be me! A simple man who grew up simple, and is still simple!

I reckon, I'm on a self imposed quest to understand. To understand myself, would be great! to understand others, and the goings on around me in my little neck of the woods, let alone the world, is too fricking complicated for ol' Glen!

For about a week or so, I've been in a rather good mood ya know! Don't you just hate, when that happens? Been eating bananas, trail mix, a few 12 ounce sodas every day, I gots to have the caffeine, ya see! That be only 'bout 100 mgs but that gives an old man like me a jolt to keep me heart tuned like a fine $10.00 Drug Store watch! I do suppose it be like them paddle like thing-a-ma-bobs that them Doctors use to bring the dying patient back from yonder way, ya know like going into the tunnel of light, them crazy fools hit you with them energy electric doo-dad paddles!
They start on the low setting and keep a going until yer zapped back into your body! Damn! yee be feeling no pain and a walkin' like yee ain't never walked before! As yee be walkin' to that tunnel concentrating on that light, yee have a swagger like walk you ain't never had before!

Yee be thinkin' to yourself "strut, stop, accent them hips, move slowly, I feel good! I'mma headed to that light, gonna see fer meself what all that fuss be about when them crazy fools, have made it to the light, yes I am!"

You've read many a books about people seeing angelic beings, cities of gold! You wish to get you some of that!

Then . . .  you feel a bolt of lightning running through your body! "Damn must a been a storm a brewing in that tunnel!" Your being pulled back against your will.

You come to, and see the ugliest people you have ever seen, around you!

"You ain't no angels, Doctor you ain't God!? Whatcha matta with y'all? I was about to meet the big Guy, you know! Take me back to that other channel! Just when something comes on the big channel of life I really want to experience, a commercial comes on! I been in that same groundhog rewind thingy for over fifty years. I've paid my dues in cable fees, I want the city of gold and angels and a chance to meet, you know! I been sitting outside the waiting room all me life! You old Quack, bring me back so as you can feed me pills to keep me a going! Instead of living the good life, I can look forward to pollution, ugly people, bills, terrible movies, terrible television, whatcha matta with you Doc.?"

Docta says "I need the money for my malpractice insurance. I need money to send my children to college, I need, I need, I need . . . "

Ainna 'bout what we need is it? Be about everybody else!

WELL I RECKON I BE 'BOUT A LAUGH, A TINY SLIVER OF GETTING AWAY FOR A FEW MINUTES OF THE DAY, AND I AM GONNA KEEP ON DOING THAT FER . . . UNTIL THE BIG GUY CALLS MY NUMBER!!!!

RIGHT NOW IT'S THE END OF A LONG DAY, I'M GOING TO DO WHAT I DO BEST, I'M GOING TO GO TO SLEEP AND DREAM, THAT'S WHAT I DO BEST! FOR I'M TRULY A DREAMER, TOMORROW I'LL IMAGINE OF BETTER DAYS!!!   Goodnight until we meet again!

1 comment:

  1. I've never actually had the experience of which you speak. I'm kind of hoping that when my time comes, I just go to sleep and keep going till I reach the other side. I would hate to get so far only to come back to the ugly people hahaha!!

    Enjoy your sleep dear Professor, dream a little dream or two while you are there.

    Hugs
    C

    ReplyDelete