website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

THE LOG SLEEPS!

Knock, knock, I be knocking on my noggin (brain) to jar something loose. You see I never know what I'll write. That be true! I never know what will take hold, guiding me into silliness, or give way to a rant, so I 'prime the pump,' so to speak, to bring up a little water, or get the words flowing. It's usually fun for me and makes me "sleep like a log." That old saying seems silly! How does any-BODY know, that a log sleeps? I certainly would never of thought of a log sleeping! What do they dream about, maybe when they were a young sprig of a tree, growing up, beside all them bully trees that tried taking away the sunshine and root system. Do they remember what each year was like? Since their rings record every year. Do they remember and relive all the forest animals that pee-peed on them, or all the limbs broken from the wind? Freezing when all the leaves are gone?

Springtime and the gentle warm rains give birth to leaves and the cute new critters of the forest. The smell of  wild flowers and the beautiful golden radiance of sun!

Ah oh! A sad thought just hit me, the chainsaw cutting the trees down, creating logs. I reckon if a tree has good feelings and thoughts and dreams..... then the flip side be nightmares!

Seems to me this saying is talking about something different, than what I have written!

What are they talking of?

If I were a log freshly cut lying on the cold ground with no roots to hold me, nor branches, or leaves, freshly scarred from a giant branch cutting machine, oh my! The worst nightmare a tree could have!!! But my seeds and all the other trees will live on, rebuilding, reforestation, life beginning, a new! Maybe a cozy structure for life to also create a new. Seems, I the log have served a useful purpose and life goes on, one person, one seed one tree, at a time "KINDA BEAUTIFUL IF YOU LOOK AT IT THAT WAY!" 

SO WITH THE SAYING EXAMINED "I SLEEP AT PEACE TO BE RENEWED." WOW! BRINGS A TEAR TO THESE OLD EYES."   Goodnight my friends from old Glen.

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning dear Professor G. What a beautiful post to wake up to. And a nice thought, the trees live on through their seeds. Life continues on and on . Makes me smile.

    Sleep well my friend

    ReplyDelete