website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Monday, May 30, 2011

DREAMER

Dreaming starts probably whenever a mind becomes active but what would a baby dream about? Nightmares would start after a baby sees all the ugly relatives. As brain activity kicks into high gear and all senses are firing, good and bad feelings must play a roll. At what age is your earliest memory of dreams. I'm an avid dreamer but I can't remember any early dreams. I do remember having re-ocurring dreams and still have similar dreams to this day. Reading too many Superman comic books and watching Superman reruns everyday after school at Grandma's house, I'm sure is too blame. A child is not in control and as a Super being you would be! It was not anything other than flying, that I dreamed about. You reckon there is hidden meaning, or is it just the imagination of a child. Probably both but a child wouldn't understand and should not have to!

Dreaming to me is therapy. Here, my overindulgence in my imagination can run rampant. I wake up sometimes with the dream SO real, still echoing the emotions that I was experiencing, it is overwhelming, breathtakingly at times, it is out of this world!!! (That's funny, probably visiting another realm.) Talking R-E-A-L-T-Y, without my dreams I believe I would succumb to my many mental and physical disorders! I have so many disorders, I'M OUT OF ORDER, but that would not be anything new to regulars here at GLEN VIEW SANITARIUM. It is here in Dreamland I energize my batteries and get the courage to carry on, HALLELUJAH!!! I'm getting a mite excited and felt the need to testify! Ain't it wonderful though. I have had nightmares but thankfully the dreams I remember are good.

Just last night I had another of my more recent flying dreams. From out of nowhere a gust of wind will carry me up up and away. Just before this happens I will be seriously pondering on a problem with intense thoughts. At the height of this seriousness I will be lifted and get a new refreshing perspective.
The view from on high is exhilarating and my seriousness does not turn to fear; quite the opposite, all doubt turns to laughter, wondering where I will land, always gently. This time I'm flying over a shallow rock filled stream and I'm placed ever so carefully on a large rock.

Sometimes I'm a bird riding the high wind effortlessly looking down without a care in the world, beautiful majestic and FREE!

Recently there has been a new twist, which I find even more fulfilling. I have only had a hand full of these dreams. In these dreams I am myself, suddenly I'm taking flight like a gigantic bird, I feel my arms become wings and the movement is so real, I feel every part of my arms suddenly flapping to the movement of taking flight with powerful wings. I do not feel any other part of my body, just the overwhelming sensation of my arms becoming wings, effortlessly and so beautiful...

WITHOUT MY IMAGINATION AND DREAMS, I FEEL I MIGHT WITHER AWAY, FOR WITHIN THEM I LIVE EMOTIONALLY, TOTALLY ME!!! IN OUR EVERYDAY EXISTENCE WE MUST LIVE WITHIN THE LIMITATIONS OF PRESET BOUNDARIES, AND I LONG TO BE FREE TO BE ME. IN MY DREAMS ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE YOU SEE!!!   THANK YOU AND GOODNIGHT FROM GLEN VIEW.    

1 comment:

  1. I can see now why that picture on my bird poem struck a chord in you !!!

    ReplyDelete