website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Not Yet Done With The Night

Last night at midnight it was 82 degrees wonderful! I was out and about after reading Uh-Clem's book for a spell. Comforting is the word to describe the beauty of the snuggly warm night.You know the feeling. That warm cozy feeling of jumping into bed on a cold winter's night, when the old northwestern wind is a howling, I do! When I was a boy we didn't have central heat, so the bedrooms were the farthest away from--- in our case the fuel oil stove. I would stand in front of the blower heating up my Roy Rogers jammies until my buttocks were toasty warm, then I would high tail it to my bed! Purr-fect!Visions of Roy and Trigger were soon in my head.

 Just a speck of breeze as I smell a slightly different aroma this fine morn. It briefly took me aback as I realise it was not the natural beautiful smell of late spring as in flowers. I laugh as I identify the country smell. Only this time it was so light my nose did not tell my mind oooweee! I reasoned it had to be a hog farm that was about a mile or so away as the crow flies. I found it funny that I have never smelled that before in my fav convenience store parking lot. Then I thought--- one of them smelly stock trucks must of went by and I smell the left over fumes because it lasted only a short time. If you have ever been behind a semi loaded with pigs whew-wee!!!

Anyhow I got me a fountain diet drink and an apple. Yep an apple instead of one of them apple pies covered in sugar. Um, um good that's what my apple was!

I close my eyes enjoying the peace of the night, nothing on my late night radio program I find interesting. I brought a book with me, so I'm about to enjoy the peace of the night taking myself away for a few chapters. I know you're thinking "how can that old man enjoy the night"? I suppose it is a learned trait going all the way back to childhood. I find solitude in being alone with no hustle and bustle. As a young boy in the heat of July,  August nights it was too hot to sleep, sometimes I would lean on the window sill and stare at the stars in the sky. It felt good, real good, so right! Later on after marriage, we lived far out in the country, after getting off work at midnight me and my Missy would ride around, cooling down after working in a hot factory without air-conditioning. There was ovens to dry the paint so it was hotter inside than it was outside. Upon going home sometimes I found that I was not yet done with the night. I would sit outside in my swing with my dog and swing into the daylight hours. I laugh even now as I reminisce, seeming only yesterday, but real time was nye onto 30 plus years ago. My favorite drink was a beer and a peanut butter sandwich, hey don't knock it unless you have tried it. I haven't had a beer in 10 years and don't allow myself peanut butter anymore. I do partake of peanuts on my diet though. (Whoopsey, I meant lifestyle change as in makeover, you know what I mean Vern!) You may think me nutty, that's quite alright with me, because in actuality ye ain't seen nothing yet into my adventures in writing. I'm an addict in the first stages baby! The keyboard be my needle and whatever me old brain can come up with, I'm gonna stick ya with it!  Glen

1 comment:

  1. I love when you write this kind of post.

    I have been reading everything these past couple of weeks and I have not commented only because my mind is such a mess with things going on here on the homefront. But I want you to know that not a day goes by that I don't come here to read what you write. It IS the highlight of my day most of the time. *smiles*

    ReplyDelete