website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Thursday, August 21, 2014

The Toll Of Life?

Life's toll, has taken its toll!

What is, the cost of living daily?

Toll of mind, body and soul.

Toll cannot be measured!

Once full of life, a mere tadpole, a searchin' for form.

Mind's a fillin' to capacity, so much to learn!

Soul forms, with all new experiences.

Girls, cars, I want it all!

College, marriage, children, grandchildren.

Bills, bills, bills, pay, pay, pay!

Where did, 40 years go?

All seems a blur!

Reminiscing a getting harder to do, minds not what it once was!

Was it worth the ride?

Never questioned the journey, seems . . . illogical!

The toll of life is real, but cannot be seen.

Not so true. We look in a mirror, "that can't be me!"

I feel as I did when I was young, with a lifetime, from a lifetime, inside, my soul my mind!

As I limp, drag, and walk away, I feel a lifetime, where time has taken a mighty toll!

I plop down into my favorite companion of many a year, my, not lazy, but tired old man recliner, sculptured by time, my newest dog, of, so many, I can no longer remember, hops in my lap, we're down for a nap!

I could complain, it'd fill many a covers, oh is there still books to read today? I've gone the way of print, in a world full of gadgets, I don't need, nor understand anyway!!!!

Has the world changed, for the good, or bad? Ask any old-uns, they'll say the same.

Once life was a shiny new metal toy on Christmas day. I still have that toy. It reminds me of me. See here, once a bright red Fireman's Truck. It become a symbol, the reflection of me, maybe 20 years ago, pert-nert I'd, say!  Rust set in, slowly ate it away! That's me. I wanna be cremated with my Fire Truck. Only seem a proper, least wise to me anyway.

"I'VE USED A WORD A MANY A TIMES, THAT SOUNDS A LOT LIKE, AND RHYMES WITH TRUCK! I'LL BE JUST LIKE, MY RUSTED TRUCK REAL SOON IN THAT BIG OVEN. RUST AND DUST!!!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment