website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Saturday, August 2, 2014

First And Foremost

FIRST AND FOREMOST I WISH TO THANK YOU THE READERS OF A HUMBLE OLD FAT MAN, THAT IS WELL PAST HIS PRIME!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! This past month has been the best month ever for Glenview,  and I'm truly beyond humbleness, tears are a forming as I type! Yesterday's post "Colonel Sanders, Dave Thomas, and Sam Walton" was my best opening post for a while. Three of my post continue to get the most visits, "Snake Oil Pitch, Lackey's, and Here's Your Sign," I'm fascinated why these three are so far ahead of all the rest and while they apparently resonate with you. Europe and especially Ukraine and Russia have taken a liking to me. THANKS!

WHY? To have attempted such a feat in my "wonder years," wondering if I'll be around tomorrow has warmed the cockles of my heart. I was wondering if I even had a heart a few years back. The coldness of society and the worldly problems I thought had devoured it, like my country cousins and family sitting down at grandma's house at Sunday dinner where a mountain of fried chicken, mashed potatoes, dumplings and country style biscuits disappeared within minutes of her saying grace. We be a thinkin' 'bout what vittle we gonna grab first, whilst she's saying a heartfelt prayer. I always went for her dumplings, yes I would.

I make funny of my pappy's family because I can, but I also understand now, from a lifetime of living, and only I can love them and make fun of them with open affection, for you to enjoy. Simplicity of life is still the best, IF you can learn to enjoy it. Today with so much, of the too much, has blinded us! Yes it has!

There is a young man at work who is a nice young man, who was driving a newer car a Cadillac, most likely a gift from his parents. He wears Michael Jordan shoes, more than one color, so he can afford, or was given them, well now he dresses well, as in taking a mighty effort to be color coordinated. What I'm a wondering is, does he appreciate them expensive shoes as much as I did many years ago getting a new pair of cheap ones for the new school year.

I know I'm a wandering nut that's just me, and whom I am. I'm a wandering, wondering old fool!!!

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

ALL THE QUESTION MARKS ABOVE IS FOR, AM I GOING TO WRITE SOMETHING FUNNY, SAD, WELL WHO THE HELL KNOWS, SO SIT BACK AND SEE WHERE GLEN'S MIND TAKES US TONIGHT!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here I sit trying to relax all my achy breaky parts of me body. It takes a whole weekend of my tired, hurting joints to rest, them. I say then, that damn arthritis settles into them, uh huh!

Hey, you know somebody ought to make a song about "Achy Breaky Parts!" OOPSEY! I believe Billy Ray Cyrus did! Only it was "Achy Breaky Heart."

WHO IS BILLY RAY CYRUS???

You know he was the straight man/also father/in real life father to Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

See how my mind roams! You know if I could ever reel it in, I have many a short stories on my mind. My favorite one would be to write more about Bill Lee Hill, I absolutely love him, and his girlfriend Lilly Claire. I have written several posts about them, and his family. You know if I was to write a book it would be about them, I love them so much after my short story "The Flame" he is my favoritiest, yes it is!!! Oh! oh! oh! I have another one that continually writes itself, must be writing itself in my dreams OR while I'm at work, ya see I don't need my mind there. What started out as a simple story called "Racoonville" about a Doctor who leaves Chicago in the early part of the 1900's, after losing his wife and daughter in childbirth, wanders un-soulfully and settles in a small place where a boat ferries passengers and goods across the Ohio River. I reckon it's my salute to my favorite writer. Samuel Clemens, otherwise "Mark Twain. There is many twists and turns.

I shall give you a little information about it.

The reason it's called Raccoonville is Raccoons board the ferry and ride it back and forth between the two states.

There's only a Hotel, a Warehouse, a Tavern, Sheriff's office/jail and few houses, but it's the colorful people that are the storyline, plus some recent ideas that I think would boggle even Samuel Clemens's mind. I'm not going to give that away yet because it's gonna be a big surprise.

Many parts of this colorful story has come from places I have visited and spent time in my childhood, a place such as the Ohio River plays a vital part because my family hails from them parts and we spent time in the summer on the Ohio River.

Should I give you a wee hint of where this story takes us? A presence from out of this world will play a part.

HOW'S ABOUT A THOUGHT FOR TODAY!

"If YOUR BOSS CALLS YOU AT HOME, DON'T ANSWER, OR RETURN THE CALL."

"ONE EAR OF SWEET CORN IS WORTH TWO STILL UNPICKED!"

"GASOLINE IS ALWAYS CHEAPER ON THE OTHERSIDE OF TOWN!"

"I betcha I could check my mind at the front door of work, and still make the same money, with no side effects!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment