website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Journey

The journey I have undertaken! I best explain, to anyone who visit my campsite a wee bit late on my side excursion with writing. This painfully slow attempt at creativity come at a time when I longed for a new hobby. One to challenge my mind, after much soul searching! I have searched as long as I can remember for my identity! I suppose that's been the worst part of life! Seems, so simple to say it. Believe me when I tell you "it ain't been so!" Crude and painfully chosen words! I have a good laugh at seeing them! There's much truth when I tell you my friends! I consider you blog pals O mine. Why? Seems, so much more, calling you pals! A little used word today but is special to me! Representative of  a humbler, simpler, slower era! I'm grateful to have been a part off! For I am the words I use! I write the words I use from within my soul! I wish for you to feel that part of me! I struggle with proper English. The proper sentence structure, tenses and so on and so forth. The enjoyment was almost lost while I was learning the keyboard. Man! it was tough! I did not grow up in the computer era and naturally thought my life would be in a factory. Therefore I never took typing in high school in the sixties. I could not be creative, watching the keyboard, the monitor, the mistakes drove me batty! I would write the story long hand, then type it, I was pathetic! I did not feel like I was making any progress until I was able to sit down at my computer and create a story spontaneously. I would get tense, trying to figure out the proper tenses! (That deserves a little smile, come on work with me here!) Then one day it happened! The mo-jo took over my body and I wrote about 500 words as if someone else typed through me! Halleujah! Big time! Is the only way I can describe it!!! WOW! I was hooked!

I receive advise from several pals O mine to study creative writing. I loathed school from the 8th grade on! Am computer illiterate, hard of hearing and stubborn. Oh yeah! Being stubborn is one of my biggest gift and worst nightmare! A good pal O mine who set up this blog for me advises "you have to know the rules, in order to break the rules!" That struck me, belly laugh funny I said "I know I've already broken all the rules so why learn them!" I'm stubborn because I found all the properness in school boring and apparently slept through it!  Always have been stubborn, life forces me too! It comes from my upbringing and from being hard of hearing, you see! Being stubborn is why I'm still around, of that I have no doubt! If that makes any sense!

I don't mean to harp on the hearing defect, (Nerve damage, hell my whole body is damaged!) but I don't look at it as a handicap, never have! I cannot pronounce, nor write what I cannot hear! Its as simple as that, believe me! I'll explain a tad further! I've been made fun of all my life at the improper pronunciation of some words! Been corrected and explained to as improper by teachers, family and friends. No matter how well meant, its like driving a stake in my heart! Doesn't seem like much, to those of you with normal hearing and proper enunciation, I certainly understand that and always wished it to be so!.

I've forced myself to go with the flow, to a certain extent. I sometimes have a good laugh as I repeat what people tell me. Between lip reading and quick thinking I can put together the overall context of what they're saying. A learned behavior, but when it backfires on me, a laugh at my expense is rather hard to swallow! I find myself reducing my conversations with people and has created some backward ways as I age.

I know I ramble, that's how my mind works! (Terribly frightening ain't it!) I'm simply being me as I do this! Also some of my silly post, when I'mma in a silly ass mood, I attempt to write what my mind is actually communicating to me, as I find them quite funny. So you must understand I can laugh at myself and bring that piece of me into my posts! That's the uniqueness of being "what I am" that I want to come across! I hope I have explained that adequately!

When I wish to turn er loose, I have more fun than what an old gray haired fart should! I love it and it reduces stress. Mr. Glen doesn't want anymore stress! Nope, nada, huh ah!

I love writing short stories, I love writing silly, I love writing humor, I love writing heartfelt post like Spirituality. Why can't I do them all? I wish to simply be ME! It's not my intentions to be like anyone else, because we're uniquely an individual in our way!

AS MY JOURNEY CONTINUES YOU NEVER KNOW WHERE I'LL GO! DAMN THAT'S WHAT MAKES IT SO DAMN EXCITING! HOPE YOU ENJOY MY POSTS AS I CONTINUE THE JOURNEY. ONE THING I PROMISE I WON'T BE BORING!

I LEAVE YOU FROM A QUOTE FROM AVOPS ONE OF MY PALS! (By the way Avops, hope you're still out there and I'm still making you smile my friend!) "YOU WRITE SOME OF THE SILLIEST POSTS I HAVE EVER READ. THEN YOU WRITE A POST LIKE (INNER VOICES AND ELIJAH) ARE YOU SURE YOU DON'T HAVE SOME OF THOSE INNER VOICES GOING ON!" (This may not be exact but real close.)    MY ANSWER IS YES! THAT'S WHY I'VE GROWN FOND OF WRITING! FUN MY ASS, I LOOVE IT! ALL I CAN SAY IS THANKS TIMSTER OLD MAN AND ALL MY PALS! SHUCKY DERN YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET!
I'm feeling a mite silly so I'm going to leave you with a favorite quote fom the movie Die Hard. "Yippee yi-ya !@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!!!" Y'ALL COME BACK NOW Y'HERE!!!  Glen

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Glen! Explains a lot that perhaps all of your readership did not understand. Your narrative sense comes through in even your "silliest" essays. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete