website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Old Glen's Neighborhood

Welcome my friends to Old Glen's Neighborhood. That title suits me like a well worn pair of jeans. It was a nice sunny warm day in my neck of the woods. Uwe-la-la, enjoyable, yes it was! Such a nice spring day deserves a ride and a trip to my favorite steak house. This place is so popular We go there at mid-afternoon, or you can't get in on Saturdays. Reasonable prices good food, yep good ol' place fits me right nice.

Afterwards went shopping at Menards. Made my head spin after about an hour of shopping for remodeling ideas for me old house. Yep we be giving our little home a makeover. Prettying her up inside and out, um, um going to be prettier than a speckled pup, when we're done.

Had me the cutest speckled pup back in 1998. Aussie Blue was her name, I called her many things from Puppy, Punkster, Punk to Good ol' Girl. She was part Australian Cattle dog and Australian Shepherd, smart whow-wee she could read my mind! We were the best of Bud's until cancer took her about a year and a half ago. Punkster had a friend that showed up one day in the spring of 2000. From out of nowhere a 18 pound mixed breed dog showed up. Heinz 57 I reckon, possible Beagle, Smooth Terrier, possible dash of Jack Russell. Pedro was what we named him. Punkster, Pedro, and I were inseparable in ways I can't explain. Well I lost Pedro about 10 days ago.

Seems sometimes bad things happens in bunches don't It? Between illness, a work issue and losing me Pedro, well life sucks sometimes, don't it? It either destroys one, or makes one stronger. I reckon the trials and tribulations make the good times seem soo good huh?

"So savor them good times like savoring a good prime rib steak, eat slow and enjoy," (Words of wisdom from Old Glen, I knows, you knows what I'm a saying!)

While writing yesterday's post I came across a word I was going to add while looking up entitlement. My eyes lock on a German word, which I immediately liked "ersatz" I've not heard that word before.

ERSATZ, synthetic, the word usually suggests inferior quality. That word seemed to pertain to yesterday's post, since I was talking about Politicians and Leaders in general.

We seem to live in a synthetic world or maybe it's just an old man. Maybe not, I'll expound on that thought.

Today at me favorite steak house I was enjoying good conversation with my main squeeze. A young man and what I assume was his girlfriend sitting across from us. If these two were on a date they did not do much communicating, as in talking. You see they both were texting most of the time! That seems so synthetic to an old codger like me.

The young-ins they are hiring at work are so hooked on them damn cell-phones. They gave everyone a paper to sign making it perfectly clear on the rules that cell-phones are not to be used while working. DUH! Has the world gone mad that such common sense, common courtesy has to be put in writing and signed? YEP!

Ersatz, synthetic, inferior quality sure as hell rings clear, more and more. Yep we live in a most synthetic world and I'm hugely disappointed in many things I witness daily in my small tiny world, here in the Heartland.     

ERSATZ, YES THE INFERIOR QUALITY OF COMMUNICATION IS BRINGING US DOWN. SEEMS ORCHESTRATED TO AN OLD MAN. POLITICIANS, LEADERS WANT FOLLOWERS ADDICTED TO THEM AND ASKING NO QUESTIONS. FOLLOWERS BECOME FOLLOWERS CREATING FOLLOWERS.

I'M GLAD I'M GETTING OLD AND WON'T BE AROUND MUCH LONGER! I FIND IT MORE THAN I CAM BEAR SOMETIMES.

I APPEAR TO BE A DINOSAUR BY TODAY'S STANDARDS WHERE THERE ARE NO STANDARDS!!!    Goodnight my Brothers and Sisters. Old Glen. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh no..... I was not expecting to read about what happened to your pup. I am so sorry for your loss. It seems just too recently that you lost Punkster. You are right, bad things seem to happen in bunches. I have no idea why that is, unless it is some sort of test or our ability to make it through, our resolve to keep going no matter what.

    How nice that you and your sweet lady are doing some remodeling. It's not easy to go through all that, but so worth it when it is all finished. It sort of perks a person up tremendously to see everything looking so fresh and new......kind of like a "springtime" for your home I would say.

    You know, I have seen the same thing with young people. Out on a date and barely speaking to each other , but that text finger is going 90 miles a minute.......such a damned shame and it does not bode well for relationships if that is how they start out.

    Anyway, have a wonderful Easter day dear Glen and again, my heart goes out to you at the loss of your pup.

    Hugs

    C

    ReplyDelete