website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Lollygagging

Is that a word, or what? I know lollipop, I like them lollipops, um, um, good!

LOLLYGAGGING, to waste time in trifling or aimless activity; fool around. Well now, that lollygagging sure goes on where I work! I have found me a new word to describe them lazy ones. They be lollygaggers, on my goodness that so fits them to a tee!

Sounds like what a Pirate Captain might call his men, "you lollygaggers there, quit drinking that rum and fooling around with them women!"

Voice inside my head, "not that kind of fooling around you Dodo bird!"

So then that be them "FOOLS" as in crazy fools who ain't worth a shit for nothing! Now that be right down my alley, I could write a book about the crazy, lazy, lollygagging, fools I have worked with in my lifetime of factory employment, let alone, the lollygagging fools that I come into contact with in my daily activities, let alone the fools, fools, fools, fools.... never mind... sometimes... I do get carried away! But there be a heap O fools out there!

I'm going to look up lolly.There be no lolly, but there be loll, which means to lean or lounge about lazily. Yep, that certainly fits some I know! Definition number two is, to hang loosely; droop [the camel's tongue lolled out] -- vt. to let hang loosely. OH MY! Seems this number two definition, done went and opened a new can o worms! (As you see when Glen gets confused, which is a heap, I regress to words and sayings, I feel most comfortable with!)

Let's try the word in the dictionary above loll, "and the winner is," loiter. Loiter, is to spend time idly; linger. Definition number two, is to move slowly and idly. Hey we're back in business with the ones I work with and know most about, I've heard them called loafers. Why in the hell did I bring another dang word in like loafers. Loafer simply means to loaf. I hope I clarified that enough for ya!

Mr. Dic T Ionary also says "Loafer, one who loafs," "see told you" idler. [Ger. landlaufer, a vagabond] YOU SEE WHY NOW I USE MY OWN WORDS, ONCE I GET STARTED IN THE DICTIONARY, I GO ROUND IN CIRCLES AND GET NUTTIER THAN A FRUITCAKE!!!

Well now... since I been lollygagging, spending time on aimless activity, fooling around, I may as well go up one more word, since this post is already lost and gone down the toilet!

Loincloth, (I never know when to stop,) a cloth worn about the loins, (That actually makes sense!)
Loin, the hips and the lower abdomen regarded as the region of strength.

Well now, this post has most certainly taken some interesting turns, twists and lolls! I'm thinking about recapping what I have screwed
up, or should I just put a lid on it and say goodnight, but noo, I cannot put a lid on it. I must recap so I can recoup a tiny sliver of credibility. (Yeah right! That went down the crapper a long time ago!)

We have "lollipop," "lollygaggers," aimless activity, yep, know that all too well! "Fooling around," and "fools." "HEAP O FOOLS," hallelujah to that!!! "Lolly" becomes "loll," to hang loosely. "Loiter," "loafers" "landlaufer" "fruitcake." I'M TOTALLY LOST!!! "Loincloth," "loin."

Me brain is lying outside my ears, would that be considered loll, hanging loosely?

OH! OH! I GET IT NOW! WHEN MEN ARE YOUNG THEY THINK THROUGH THEIR... LOLL YOU KNOW!

AS THE LOLL AGES AND GETS USED UP, THEY LEARN TO THINK THROUGH THEIR BRAIN BECAUSE THEIR LOLL IS IN A PERPETUAL STATE OF LOLL.

Damn if this wasn't a waste of time! Me fooling around, nuttier than a fruitcake, showing my lack of strength! But damn it were fun! I like being in a fun, silly mood! It be so much better on me, and if you find ANYONE sillier than me, "I PITY THAT FOOL!!!"

3 comments:

  1. I'm home from South Carolina and boy I have missed Glen View !! Always fun and interesting to learn new words and your interpretation of them.

    Have a great day dear Glen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lollygagging should mean gagging on a lollipop haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep I agree C. I LOVE TO PLAY AROUND WITH WORDS, JUST TO SEE WHERE MY MIND TAKES ME! THANKS. glad yer back, hope you had a good time, yer pal glen.

    ReplyDelete