website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Monday, October 29, 2012

SPIRIT

I... I... I... I... I!!! HOW YOU DOING? I have several uncompleted meandering, rambling madness I could work on, but I like writing whatever be on my mind when I sit down. Fall is becoming... well... FALL! Cool windy, rainy.

Don't follow much sports anymore. Tony Stewart in Nascar, because he grew up in my hometown, and I have followed him since he drove go-karts at the local fairgrounds. I have been a Colts fan in Footall since the Johnny Unitas era. I follow Peyton Manning now at Denver. They don't make them like that. He has done a lot of work for the Children's Hospital in Indianapolis, I just like the guy!!! He seems to be a one of a kind, always giving his all, therefore elevates everyone around him. That's something special. Any way enough for sports I simply do not follow much anymore. I have new hobbies.

Spent a lot of time this weekend working on an old truck I simply like. It reminds me of me! It's a 93 Ford Ranger. A plain Jane as they call them. Black, four cylinder, five speed, no power nothing, with air-conditioning. The air is still ice cold and the heater is the best I've ever had. Runs good with some minor cosmetic damage from use and some aches and pains like ME! This truck and a 76 Olds Cutlass is probably the best vehicles I've ever had. They're like the Energizer Bunny! What makes them special is you can always count on them. Wow like good friends, special!

I need a new radiator on the Van I drive. I use to do a lot of work on my own vehicles. They were relatively simple and straight forward. My first car was a 53 Buick. I paid cash for it $35.00 from money saved from my paper route. This was 1967, Buick's certainly weren't the cool cars of that era. I called it The Tank. Cars were made like tank's back then and this car had a bumper that took up the whole front end. If that car was to hit these small cars of today very hard these collapseable accordion frameless front wheel drive would most certainly be totaled! The Tank may have a headache, complain a mite shake its grille a few times and drive away!

I'M JUST HAVING FUN ON THIS COLD MONDAY MORNING AT 6AM, HOPE YOU DON'T MIND! I DON'T FEEL LIKE TACKLING ANY SORES OF THE WORLD. THESE SORES NEVER HEAL DO THEY?

The storm on the East Coast seems to be a doosie, don't it? The anticipation of problems is off the scale at this time it seems. Certainly hope the worst doesn't happen!

Politics, well, I wish Politicians would take all their hot air and blow the storm out farther into the Atlantic!

One other thought on """THE ELECTION""" The amount of $$$$$'s squandered on """THE ELECTION""" going to the Mass Media to make the rich "RICHER", could... Could... I say, COULD, be better spent helping the average person after the disaster about to happen!!!

I know... I KNOW... I'm a """dreamer!""" PLEASE forgive an old man for thinking of "WE THE PEOPLE!" I'm TERRIBLY SORRY! Sense was blown away, many storms ago! I question at my old age did... I say DID... WE as meaning "The Governing Body, or should I say "BODIES," ever... I say EVER, have any? I be just an old man a thinkin, don't pay that man on the other end of this boog-a lou of wired and non wired media, any mind!!!

I still feel good, relaxed, care free, minds as clear as ever. You know I been a thinkin again! I know scary, but its Halloween time, monsters lurking everywhere. They're not afraid to come out in the daylight anymore. Makes it better for me, I don't get as scared at the Convenience Store and them all night Big Box Stores.

I been thinkin, maybe I've had a Head Congestion Virus from the deepest depths of Hell-dumb, all. I say All me life AND.. I have been slowly releasing that pent up Congestive Virus's of Virus's since I started Glen View! YA RECKON? If SO... I wish for more post, more guidance, more feedback, BECAUSE one of these days... I say One of these days... when I learn to type and REALLY KNOWSA what the hell I be a talkin about!

MAYBE THE BIG SPIRIT OF ALL SPIRITS IN THE SKY CAN... I SAY.. CAN NUDGE ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION, AFTER ALL "AIN'T" HE """"THE REAL SPIRIT?"""

1 comment:

  1. Let's see here, lots to work with in this post today Glen.

    Nascar...... why in the world do people enjoy watching those cars go around and around and around? I guess it is kind of exciting when they wreck and you see the guy crawl out of a flaming car without a scratch. I am sure driving those cars gives them a big adrenalin rush.

    I like how you compare yourself to an old car. You know they don't build them like they used to. I remember back in the late 70's I worked at the Chrysler Plastic product plant up in my hometown. It was then I realized that cars were beginning to be made just like the little toy cars we would buy for out kids in the dime store. We were going to be riding around in pieces of plastic...... Everything is made of plastic except the body of the car and that is questionable !!!
    Anyway, what I started to say is just like they don't build cars like they used to, they (whoever they are) don't build people like they used to back in our day. Just look around, and I know you know what I am talking about. haha

    We got just a bit of that storm this past weekend. I went out to the beach to take a video of the ocean in all it's fury. I will post that later today when the grandbaby takes her nap. I have friend up in the area it is hammering right now. I hope and pray for their safety and for all the people who have to endure this.

    I am going to try to point some friends in the direction of your blog so you can get more people who will comment. If they will stick with you, they will see that in spite of your "silliness", you have a lot of everyday common sense and wisdom and you mix that in with your humor to make a fun read.

    Ok, grandbaby is climbing up my leg like a monkey so I am going to have to end this here.

    Gee this could have been a blog in itself haha

    Have a great day my dear friend.


















    0

    ReplyDelete