website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

PRIORITIES OF LIFE

One needs a taste of reality once in a while to remind us of our real priorities in life, the family and the  values they represent. TV shows such as Andy Griffith, Little House on the Prairie, My Three Sons, Father Knows Best, Leave it to Beaver etc. I don't watch television enough to know if shows like these exist anymore. I'll bet they don't. Call me old fashion, values must be taught for the following generations to prosper accordingly. Maybe it's just me but it appears family values have been misplaced or harder to come by in modern times. Is there no place for Andy Griffith in the modern world? Probably not! Instead of taking a leisurely stroll to the old fishing hole, everyone in the family is doing their own thing. The boys are playing video games on the mammoth television, sis is texting to friends. Mom and Dad have their own computer and enjoying them perhaps too much! No time for church on Sunday. Don't get me wrong, I know good families and wonderful children. Is this the exception rather than the norm? I certainly hope not, but can't help questioning. I love seeing the whole family taking a leisurely stroll in the park, taking time to look at the beautiful surroundings and enjoy the simplicity of being together. Dag-nap it!!!, do families of the modern era hop in the old Chevrolet and take a scenic drive out into the countryside and see the beauty of farm country with corn growing seven feet tall, stop at a country market and buy fresh corn, green beans, tomatoes. Drive down the road of easy street, slowly, calmly, relaxing, talking about everything, togetherness U-KNOW!!! Does this happen anymore? Please tell me that once in a while the modern family does something "TOGETHER"!!! I HOPE this happens, I need to renew my faith in the future of the basic family values. I do see good hard working young people, don't write me off as an old fart, I may be, but that is beside the point. Every generation is crossed off, just as I was in the 60's. Before that and before them. It has probably been that way since the caveman.

It appears to old Glen View feller here, that families are being pulled apart by too much of too much today. Dickie can't pass a simple physical, instead of riding his bicycle with friends to play softball or basketball during summer break, they stay inside using their fingers and playing video games. Does that stimulate the muscles, more like frying the mind! Too much is not good! How many children will parlay that skill into a job? A child's mind needs to dream, not to be overloaded with hours upon hours of instant gratification of killing or countless hours of exercising the fingers. If children put in half that time in learning, reading, using their beautiful childhood imagination the generation after would become smarter, healthier.

YES, I RECKON I HAVE BECOME JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER PAST GENERATION THAT SAID THE SAME THING. I HUMBLY APOLOGIZE TO YOU YOUNG ONES, YOU KNOW NOT WHERE THE PATH LEADS YOU, I CRY FOR YOU, AND AM GLAD I WON'T BE AROUND TO SEE FUTURE GENERATIONS BROUGHT TO THEIR KNEES. THE INSTANTANEOUS GRATIFICATION OF FRYING THE MIND "IS" KILLING OFF WHAT ONCE MADE US SO DARN SMART, IMAGINATIVE, LOYAL, COMPASSIONATE, VALUES, LOVE, DAMN IT TO HELL!!!, I HATE FEELING THIS WAY!!! IT APPEARS THE HANDWRITING IS ON THE WALL! IF DICK & JANE, WILL EVEN BE ABLE TO WRITE IN FUTURE GENERATIONS!!! goodnight my friends from old glen view.....    

No comments:

Post a Comment