website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Laugh With Me

Laughter is our best defense. If you can maintain a sense of humor, your little world is bearable. Now I don't mean being giddy all the time as we might think of a fun drunk! Although I must admit I find a lovable drunk being played on T V hilarious. There used to be a comedian who played a drunk and played the piano many moons ago whose name currently escapes me, it seems I'm having another senior momento. We must laugh at ourself because all of you-ins, and me do silly things. I'm gonna tell a true story on myself that happened today.

As we age we get many aches and pains, right you old farts out there! ARTHRITIS, give me an amen on that! It's the natural aging process, can't help it. When your young, you absolutely CANNOT identify with the big A. Your joints plain and simple just don't like you anymore and they cry out. It ain't easy getting up out of some chairs especially them low ones and them soft ass ones you sink down into. Them cushy chairs feel good on the tushy, BUTT, after a half hour of caressing your lard ass, try getting out of them... Believe an old man like me who is full of a lot of aches and pains that I would like to get rid of. Any how this here story is true and on me and I hope you have a laugh as I recreate the moment.

                                                            Old Man &The Knees
I had a very physical day yesterday and worked over to boot. I normally need some time and several Aleve to aleve the pain. I had responsibilities that must be taken care of before old Glen can relax and ice down his worn parts. ( My whole body) So I was deteriorating and in need of down time. I'm relaxing in one of them cushy tushy sofas with my Mom and putting a new battery in my hearing aid. (Yes the whole body is wearing out) Them batteries for my artificial ears are small u-know and I'm concentrating on that tiny battery and my itty bitty compartment that dang battery goes in you see. That right there takes what concentration old Glen has left, since I'm way past my prime as far as needing sleep. I get the itty bitty battery out and am attempting to place that there dang tiny ass battery in a tiny ass compartment when Mom said "the phone is ringing" and it's 15 feet away, baaad timing I must say!!! My Momma is 81 and just got out of the Hospital a week ago and she is walking with the aid of a walker so she can't get it! In Tennis sometimes a player gets caught going one way expecting the ball that direction , you know what I'm saying. Picture this An old fat man down in a cushy Sofa with bad knees and really tired, trying to get out of the Sofa from hell and trying not to loose his itty bitty battery and his itty bitty cover to the hearing aid, u-got a mental picture to that! Okay I'm inching my tushy out to the edge of the cushy sofa, in a hurry mind you and my body gets all tied up as my arms are going one way and my big Ass is going the other way and... and... I fell on the floor. Now I'm trying to get my big Ass up from the floor to get to the phone in time, are you a seeing a mental picture of this, this here adventure of old Glen. WELL, I'm a-telling you all out there I did make it to the Tele in time, bruised butt, bruised ego and all, yes-sir-ree, mind over pain does matter!!! I get back to Mom and she is cackling and having a much needed gut busting laugh at her Sonny Boy's expense. We had a real good laugh and nothing was damaged. You see that was a much needed laugh for both of us.

WHAT IS THE MORAL OF THIS STORY? DON'T PLACE YOUR TUSHY ON A CUSHY SOFA, IF YOU HAVE BAD KNEES...
 WHAT!, NO CELLPHONE IN THIS DAY AND AGE!!!
 DON'T CHANGE A BATTERY ON A SOFA!!!
 CRAZY OLD FART...
DON'T WORK HARD, AND YOU WON'T FALL ON YOUR ASS!!!
A LAUGH A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY!!!
 I PREFER THIS ONE, BIG BUTTED, BAD KNEES PEOPLE SHOULD NEVER PLACE THEIR TUSHY ON A CUSHY COUCH.........
LATER & LAUGH WITH ME!!                   thanks for visiting my humble site, my compadres.

No comments:

Post a Comment