website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

comedy of errrs . . . (4) 7/14/2014

                                            THE LONESOME RIDER

Most of you know how I hate Mondays! I just do okay?  Takes me several hours to get in the groove. There was no groove tonight. I wish I could just concentrate on my teeny tiny speck of the world and job! Yes I do! It's when my eyes do the wandering thing, then my mind does the wondering thing, then I get to thinkin', soon thinkin' turns to all sorts of other bad habits I cannot break! Like asking WHY??? and the getting all worked up over the stupidity of it all!  I'm almost deaf, what if I was blind, then I wouldn't see the ignoramuses being plum ignorant!  NO! I reckon that would not work, I can do my job deaf, but blind no! ( Remember now I'm just being silly! )

I do see though, WHY! things are the way they are though.

I remember, well that's not quite true, I remember something I read somewhere, but not the exact quote so I'll Glen View it.

"STUPIDITY IS REPEATING THE SAME THING, OVER AND OVER, AND EXPECTING A DIFFERENT RESULT."

Once upon a time here in the rust belt of America, we produced a lot more than rust. We were a proud productive people. Well at least in the injection molding and finishing business where I spent the majority of my work life. Poor people come up from the poor states searching for their piece of the pie. ( By the way apple is my favorite! )  (( Why did I feel the need to add that? It popped into my head, OKAY? ))

Where was I? I learned more about a workin', a managing from a redheaded hell cat from the hills of Tennessee than all the other so called managers, supervisors, bosses, er whatever you wanna call them!!! You did it her way or you would be out on highway, but if you was a good worker, she'd fight the Devil himself for you! Yes, she would! Me and her hit it right off. I'd ask Christina Mae " how many ya want me to run tonight?" I'd produce that, and one more.

I be a wandering once more, imagine that! This here stream of thinkin' whatch-a-ma-call-it, a spirit, a writin, fer me, WHATEVER has taken a side road to where I was a going to take you tonight. I'll touché upon the main point. ( Bout now yer a wandering did that dumbass mean to say touché or
touch? I gotta keep ya on your toes here on "The Lonesome Writer/Rider."

I do suppose I took too many aspirins today. My body don't ache, but my mind is going places it AIN'T NEVUR gone before.

MY GRANDFATHER WAS BORN IN 1903 AND FOR A LONG, LONG TIME PEOPLE GREW UP KNOWING WHAT WORK WAS!!! COMMON SENSE WORKING HARD GOT YOU A LONG WAY.

SOMETHING HAPPENED ALONG THE WAY, COMMON SENSE, TEAMWORK, PRIDE GAVE WAY TO THE ME, ME, ME PERSON. PRODUCTIVITY, COMMON SENSE, TEAM WORK IS AT THE LOWEST LEVEL I'VE EVER SEEN.

I BEST LEAVE IT RIGHT THERE, ANY MORE WOULD BE RANTING AND I GROW MORE TIRED EVERY DAY, BY GETTING ALL WORKED UP OVER SOMETHING I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER!!!!! Glen!   (goodnight and i hope my aspirins never wear off! )

1 comment:

  1. There are a lot of young people these days who don't have an appreciation of a hard day's work. I think parents spoiled them, giving them everything they wanted as a way to make up for their lack of attention to their kids because they were so busy working to make a dime. Now those kids don't understand that you have to work your way through life.

    Thanks for stopping by my girl's blog. I think I told you that, but I'm not sure, so I am telling you again.

    Hope the rest of your week is a good one.

    ReplyDelete