website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Thursday, December 26, 2013

I Can't Shake This Feeling!!!

I can't shake this feeling that time has passed me by! More and more it appears. Apparently, I'm an old truck that has carried many a load admirably in its day.

The engine still purrs, transmission slips sometimes, rear end's a mite bigger. Still, I can head on down the highway. Can't carry as big a load, as I once could. Headlights still burn bright and true. Windshield wipers, go swoosh, swoosh, instead of swish, swish really fast. Don't have all them fancy gizmos, gadgets and such. When I don't know where I've been, or where I'm going, and have to depend on one of them new fangled screen thing a ma bobs, that bounce a satellite signal to show my location. Lord have mercy! If un,  you don't knows, where yee be, then yee shouldn't be out in the highway of life, no how!  No sir! Watered down petrol, makes me sluggish sometimes. Usta have good stuff, that would make me go yee-haw! and getta on down the road. Made me feel soo good!
Frames a mite loose, rusty, shimmys and shakes, I can't run 70 MPH no more. HELL who wants too!!! Either I need new glasses, or them automobiles ur getting smaller. Seen me one of them smart cars one day, weren't too damn smart. When I be younger and could run like the wind, I woulda blew that tadpole off the highway, or let me a backfire, you know like a fart, and scare that tiny critter into the woods, under some branches, yes I woulda! Time passes, I've slowed down. Some days the rusting and loosening of me joints, why do I bother! I'll just pull myself out into the barn facing south so's the suns's rays, can warm me old tired paint a thinnin' body. My bodies dinged and danged, bruised from life, still showing my original paint, worn to primer in some spots. Yes, I think 'bout retirement, just sitting inside the barn watching the seasons come and go. The springtime I'd miss the most, being out and about, seeing them newborn critters, puts a temporary gusto of life in me for a mile or two, yes it does!. Warms the cockles of my heart, I reckon that be my carburetor. My heart/carburetor, been rebuilt several times. New pump. new gaskets and such, simple compared to today's fuel injection, turbo charged what nots! I dream sometimes 'bout what I would feel like with a fuel injected, turbo on top of my engine. I could getta on down the interstate of life then, whew-doggie!!! When I return back to earth I'd laugh. It'd blow the gizzards right outta my engine, There'd be engine and transmission parts scattered all across the highway, fer a spell. yes there
would! There be so many trucks running the highway today, I can't pronounce their names. Foreign ones, have taken over. I like to blow smoke on them at the truck stops. Sheesh, I can't catch them, lessen their stopped. I suppose everything turns to rust and disintegrates, don't it? It's been a good run.
I've fathered many a truckeroos, and lost touch with them. Technology challenged, is what I have been called. Yes, that's true, I proudly admit it! There be so much computer shit on these new youngins of a truck, when they go down, they don't use mechanics, they need boys in white coveralls and an army of technicians to revive em! These youngins of today just want us to step aside, retire, get us grandpa's off the road.

WELLL OL' GRANDPA, GOTS A THING, ER TWO, TO SAY, TO YOU YOUNGINS!

YER TIME, A BE HERE, AFORE YOU KNOW IT! BURNING THAT LIGHTNING FUEL IN YER TANKS, BE A RUSTING YA, FROM THE INSIDE OUT! I SEE MANY A NEW UNS ALREADY IN THE JUNKYARD, WHERE THE LIFE, A BEING SUCKED OUT OF THEM, ONE PART AT A TIME. THEM ONCE PURTY, SMILING HOODS, BE A FROWNING, FROM BURNING THEM ALL NIGHTERS, WITH NO REST. I RECKON I'LL SEE YA, IN THE BIG JUNKYARD IN THE SKY, ERRR, MAYBE NOT! YEE MAY NOT BE THERE! YEE MAY BE SOMEWHERE'S ELSE!!! 

                                                         signed..... I'MMA STILL TRUCKIN!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment