website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Friday, February 1, 2013

Snookered

SNOOKERED, oopsey no snookered in my small dictionary. I found SNOOKER, which is a variety of the game of pool. Well that does me no good, I don't play pool. [Slang] to deceive

Mercy sakes, there has to be more meanings than that, I'll try in my bigger dictionary. SNOOKER, a variety of the game of pool played with fifteen red balls and six other balls. Behind definition number two is, to thwart or defeat. Number three is that [Slang] deceive

We're a learning now, ain't we? I like to go one definition above the word to, to, to, just have fun.
SNOOK, the gesture in thumbing one's nose in defiance or derision.
THAT SOUNDS AN AWFUL LOT LIKE HOLDING UP YOUR MIDDLE FINGER GESTURE, YOU KNOW.
Chiefly in COCK A SNOOK AT to indicate contempt by this gesture. Damn! Ain't we a learning now boys and girls?
PLEASE TELL ME IT AIN'T JUST ME "COCK A SNOOK" IS RIGHT FUNNY!

I must WARN you sometimes I get A tad outta control from old-fashion hand-held dictionary, always have it was a game to me as a kid, you see my eyes would lock in on some mighty unusual words for a young-in, they still do. Please try to stay with me now, as I show you my little late night game. It's important to remember I call myself "The Midnight Rider, (whoops) Writer."

So I'm playing aRoUnD (Gotcha didn't I.) with snook typing boys and girls, well now being the clut I am at the keyboard, I type giel for girl, So I say to myself, "reckon there is a word, GIEL?" I look for GIEL, while looking for GIEL I see DHOLE at the top of my dictionary.

DHOLE, a red-colored wild dog of central and E Asia (I've not seen the word E ASIA before maybe I should look that up, oh, oh, oh, never mind East Asia, well why didn't they say so then #%&*ing dick headed dictionary pisses me off sometimes!)

Lookee here, above DHOLE is DHOBI. Dhobi, shining white, in India means a person who does laundry.

Please tell me now, are you gonna run across brains like mine anywhere else late night? "I'm The Midnight Writer." 

THIS-SA ISSA STARTING TO GET GOOOD OR CUCKOOO SEEMS TO BE PLAYING OVER AND OVER!
"WHERE ELSE YA GONNA COME ACROSS SUCH UN-PERTINENT (is that even a word?) INFORMATION? REMEMBURR YOU'RE ON GLENVIEW. ( I think!)

I know I got you on the ropes now, I'm working you hard for ten rounds, so when you fall to sleep while reading this you can thank "The Midnight Writer." Better than sleeping pills. I remember a movie but I can't at this second remember the title, hopefully it'll cross my memory or perhaps not! Any way Will Smith and his sidekick the brains of the outfit (Not like me!) mosey on up in an alien spacecraft and download, or would it be upload since they went up? Damn! Damn! Damn! They placed an un-answerable equation into the alien computer. It fucked them up but good!

Now where I be? I know you no longer care! I have a hankering (I know, cute word!) to check out that word GIEL, boys and girls, or should I say co-horts or enemies, bout now!

HEY I DON'T PLAN THIS SHIT!!! I JUST LET IT FLY!

DO YOU REALLY THINK THIS CAN BE ORCHESTRATED? CAN'T YOU IMAGINE WHAT THE CONDUCTOR/WHATEVER WOULD LOOK LIKE? OH YEAH, I HAVE A SKETCH OF HIM ON MY SIDEBAR TAKEN AROUND ???? REMEMBER THE MOVIE "STAYING ALIVE." THE BEE GEES HAD THE HOTTEST ALBUM, THERE WAS THIS MUSIC CALLED DISCO. THAT WAS A NICE LITTLE TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE! WELL ADD SOME WEIGHT, REAL SHORT GRAY HAIR, AND THAT BE ME TODAY. I'M NOT AS SCARY LOOKING AS I WRITE! 

As close to GIEL I could is GIE. Gied, or gae, gien, (At first glance I thought it said glen, because I didn't have my bifocals tuned in. I got all happy fer nuthin!) or gieing [Scot. or North Eng.] to give.

WE'RE SURE A LEARNING HISTORY TONIGHT AREN'T WE BUOYS AND GIELS? (TYPO'S BUT I LIKE 'EM .

SOO, I'MMA FORCED TO GO TO ME COMPUTER FOR CLARIFICATION ABOUT THIS HERE SNOOKERING THING. I COME ACROSS SOMETHING CALLED "URBAN DICTIONARY?"

SNOOKERED, to be exhausted (Yep I am!) ((Correction I reckon, I could also be known bout now as "The Exhauster.")) or in a bad situation, snookered is a broadly used term with a variety of meanings. A common definition of snookered is commonly used in the phrase "fucking snookered," (absolutely fucked") another and a personal favorite of yours truly, "UP SHIT CREEK, WITHOUT A PADDLE!" Others but not quite as, as, as, colorful are fooled, tipsy, drunk, inebriated.  

Damn I be windy tonight! I done all this rambling and never got around to the true story at work that started all this meandering madness.

I no longer work the graveyard shift, I work the almost dead shift as in evening shift. (haha) I work enough hours on days to throw a monkey wrench in their finely oiled machine. (Place big HA! HA! HERE.)

IF ANYBODY BE INTERESTED IN THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY WHERE I GOT SNOOKERED AND CAUSED A BIG UPROAR ON DAY SHIFT, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

    

2 comments:

  1. Well of course you have to write the story behind the story where you got snookered. You owe it to all of us who made it through this post Glen. *smiles* I can't wait to hear how you got snookered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to come back tonight and re-read this . I so enjoy your journeys into the dictionary. I do believe my own vocabulary has increased exponentially since I started visiting Glen View. Hey, maybe you really ARE a professor!!

    I've always liked that sketch on your sidebar. I have been meaning to ask you about it. I never once pictured you as looking scary and your writing is not one bit scary. It is fun and entertaining with subtle wisdom mixed in.

    You know what Professor? I get you and that is why I am your biggest fan !! (online that is)

    ReplyDelete