website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Crackle Of The Fire!

Good morning from GlenView. I never have anything planned, I simply go with the flow. Flow of thoughts, if a wandering spirit wishes to write through me, as in that automatic writing thing, then I don't have to do
too much!. That be so much easier on an old man, don't ya think? I do have an idea that just went ker-plunk, chiming my alert, idea a-coming bell so here goes.

I'll give a little background.
A little country church, way out in the countryside, only gravel roads. This church used to be a four room house, one room now, possibly 600 square feet. A wood stove is the heat source centered in the small house of worship. The only movement of air in summer is those fans on a stick with bible pictures furnished by the church. Dimly lit with only a couple light bulbs, that along with the crackling of the wood stove made for most interesting emphasis, if brother Shelton could emphasize his message to the loud pop of a oak log. The bathroom was a rather small wooden building, out back of the church. From the outside a small cross above the front door, is the only give away to a church. Brown fiber board siding, plain inside furnishings. Eight maybe ten wooden pews, room for no more than 30 loyal worshipers. Plain wood paneling with scattered nick knacks making one think "this be a church." A piano in the corner, simple, real simple!

This was the church of my grandparents who took their grandchildren to Sunday school, later my parents would attend, back then it was Sunday School, Sunday night services and Wednesday night services. It was a Pentecostal Church. Why do I tell you this? I wish to revisit, my remembrance of the way it was. Most, probably none of you have never been in such a church. My intention is not to make fun, rather the opposite, as I  reproduce, hopefully enough, giving the feel of a small church. I shall not deal with the religious aspect, rather I wish to use some of their excitement agreeing to the Minister's message.  My goal is to reproduce the feel people as one, only the fiery points will come from me, the title I have chosen is Tiredness "The Weight Of The World On Our Shoulders!"

OH MY! THIS MAY NOT BE AS EASY AS THOUGHT! BUT I SHALL GIVE, MY ALL! My name will be brother Glen, that is how everyone referred to each other.

Welcome Brothers and Sisters. I hope the past week has been good to you. If you're like me, sometimes the weight of the world pushes down too hard. Seems there is no place we can go to get away, is there? Well this is the place to share, testify, release that burden! "AMEN!" is heard throughout the small room.

 Outside amens, seem to be echoing through the hills, adding emphasis!

We're here to share the burden, to support each other as one, there lies strength in numbers! Two stronger than one, eighteen here tonight, makes this house, bigger, stronger, mightier! Just think of the strength, of a nation, of the world, brought together for the good of all! "AMENS" are heard, louder than before!

Here we are, one! Brothers and Sisters, relatives filled with  the same heartfelt emotions! Is it that way . . . away from this house of togetherness? Ah! Our souls are tested out there, aren't they? Family woes, work woes, money woes, endless trials and tribulations wreak havoc! Its no different for me, I stand before you a mere mortal, we are one and the same!

I WROTE THIS LONG AGO, AND IT GOT LOST IN MY NEVER FINISHED PILE OF POSTS. I WAS REVIEWING SOME AND FELT THIS SAID THE MESSAGE, I APPARENTLY WAS TELLING THEN, AND I LIKED THIS POST, SO I'LL LEAVE IT AS IT WAS.  Brother Glen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brother Glen ! I was raised in a Catholic church, a rather large one so it was nothing like the church you are talking about. But I left that church when I was around 18. Never went back.

    I ended up as a Baptist and raised my children attending a very small rural Baptist church in South Carolina. Now we both know that Baptists and Pentecostals are quite different in their approach, but I do know that the smaller churches have a whole lot more love in them than the huge mega churches of today.

    Oh, we called each other "brother and sister" too.

    ReplyDelete