website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Monday, July 4, 2016

Independence Day

Independence Day what does that mean to you? I'm not talking about the sequel to the movie made years ago with Will Smith. We celebrate Independence Day for a reason. Come on people put your thinking caps on. Yes, we celebrate and call it The Fourth of July, there's more to the story. Yes, fireworks are set off, and yes they're so beautiful. Did we learn about this in school? Yes if we were there that day! Yes, we have barbecues, drink, celebrate. I know some view it as a paid holiday every year, like our other holidays.

We celebrate the Declaration of Independence from Great Britain in 1776. It feels a mite spooky me talking about independence after Great Britain's recent vote to leave the European Union.

Seems we get into the swing of summer, with the longest day of the year barely behind us. Mid year celebrating, before you know it the farmers fields have peaked green and start turning . . . don't want to go there yet, you know live for the now moment, the perfect time of the year as far as I'm concerned!

It will not rain on my parade, even if it rains all day, I'll hold an umbrella over my barbecue or take the grill to the garage.

I have seen many Independence Days, I cannot note any more memorable than the others. I have been given another shot at life from a couple years ago. I think why? Why was it not my time? I no longer dwell on it like I once did, but cannot block out a small question mark of that day.

Oh well I wanted to post a little somethun, somethun, today.

Is Independence Day, a movie about illegal "aliens?" HAHAHA!

Independence Day is a hammock, lemonade, apple pie with vanilla ice cream, relaxing in 85 degree weather, with family and friends . . . . . . . . .

2 comments:

  1. I remember back when I was a child there was always a big 4th of July parade in my hometown in Indiana. Lots of patriotic decorated floats, very well done too. Lots of bands from area high schools playing patriotic music. In the town next to ours, they had fireworks on Lake Michigan. We went to both every year. When I moved here years ago, I always took my kids to the fireworks display down at the river. People dressed in red, white and blue, lots of small flags waving, patriotic music playing early in the evening. Before the fireworks began, they had everyone stand and recite the pledge of allegiance and then they played the national anthem. Last year I went with some of my kids and grandkids. They did not say the pledge, nor did they play the national anthem and the music was nothing to do with America or patriotism.

    I don't know what happened, well I think I do, the same thing that is happening all over this once great land.

    I won't attend this year , but I still cherish the freedoms we have while they still exist. My heart is sad for what I see coming.

    I guess this is not a good reply, but it is the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wholeheartedly agree. The Elite want this nation to be a nation of the world, it's becoming so!

    ReplyDelete