website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Gobbledygook

Is that a word or what? Have you heard that word before? That word has been stuck in my head for almost a month, and I don't recollect, where I heard, it or read it! That so sound like my kind a word though don't it? Say it over a few times, gobbledygook, gobbledygook, gobbledygook. I feel a lot better now!

I don't know what it means! That sure looks like hillbilly jargon to me. "Yeah it be over there beyond that gobbledygook." That was fun, using a word in a sentence and you don't even know the meaning, I think I'm getting the hang of this writing stuff! Just make up some words, so that absolutely nobody knows what your a talkin' about! I could be a hillbilly lawyer, yep I may of missed my callin' in life. Shite fire! hell yeah, now that I'm too frickin old too learn! Just like my life always a day late and a dollar short!

I'll take a stab at what it means before looking up the definition. Maybe I'll try another sentence with
it or maybe two.

I must work with a bunch of gobbledygookers. I like that one, sure as hell don't know what it means but sure seems to fit!

This here old boy will make an attempt at his own definition.

Gobbledygook sounds like turkeys, a talkin' to me.  Gobble, gobble, gobble, is what the turkey's sayin', now lets add a bunch of turkeys talkin' gook, ya see. Therefore we have gobbledy-gook. Yep, I'm sure of that!

MAN OH MAN, CAN'T FOOL A OLD MAN LIKE ME!  HUH?

Real definition of gobbledygook refers to speech or other language that is nonsense or that appears to be nonsense. It may include speech sounds that are not actual words.   (Sounds kinda like my gibberish don't it?)

Gobbledygook also is language circumlocution, (WHAT???) and jargon hard to understand: the gobbledygook of government reports.

Gobbledygook was coined in 1944 by Texas lawyer Maury Maverick, who expressed disdain for the gobbledygook language of his colleagues.

Now an example of gobbledygook from Alan Greenspan.

It is a tricky problem to find the particular calibration in timing that would be appropriate to stem the acceleration in risk premiums created by falling income without prematurely aborting the decline in the inflation-generated risk premiums.

WANT ME, OLD GLEN BOB TO DECIPHER IT FOR YOU?

I'll take a few keywords and explain. We have, tricky problem, particular calibration, timing, stem the acceleration, risk premiums, falling income, prematurely aborting, inflation-generated, risk premiums.

DAMN! I HAVE NO FRICKING CLUE!!!

I'LL TAKE IT DOWN ANOTHER NOTCH!

Tricky, problem, stem, timing, prematurely, risk.

I THINK HE HAS A TRICKY PROBLEM LIKE PREMATURE EJACULATION!!! I'LL GO WITH THAT, AND HERE YOU DIDN'T THINK I COULD FIGURE IT OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment