website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Extra Innings!


It feels as if the holidays are already amongst us. I feel the holidays in my soul, a soul rejuvenated for whatever lies ahead. Be whatever happens, I've went beyond the game, now playing extra innings. The score be 0 to 0, and I'm a winning!    "HUH?" 

That there ol' Grim Reaper ainna, smiling as I cheated death. I been a thinkin', way-y-y too much after that realization hit me, I should not be here right now continuing Glenview fer y'all out there. I continue to learn more, and most amazing facts from people I barely know, behind the scenes adding more facts to the fact, I should, not be here.

How the hell can I put that thought into words? Seems quite impossible, and IS! As time goes by I hope it comes more into focus. Wow! Wouldn't that be wonderful to have, and know your mission in life.

I always believed I could see things others overlook, or chose, not to see! Most of the time it's a curse!

A million little things, over a lifetime wears one down. Why can I see not, hear not, know not?

Tomorrow, the next day, and from here on out, I want to define me.

My lifetime of living, and momentarily dying, I wish it not to be for nothing. If our life is written before we're born, and we must ride out our predetermined wave, then a reason must lie there. I only pray my life has been for nothing, and if I can make a difference somehow, someway, then miracles happen everywhere, all the time, and all miracles do not happen, only on 34 th street.

I know right now that ones have gone beyond the call of duty to bring this fat old man back, from a permanent leave of absence. The ones at work saved me, my life. Given C. P. R. by heroes breathing life back into me, giving me, a fighting chance until the first responders arrive. The firemen arrived ahead of the ambulance, luckily here in my town they carry defibrillators, wasn't always the case. They hit me until the ambulance medics arrive.

The firemen hit me a couple times, then the medics hit me a couple times. I was transported to my county hospital where the defibrillator was used again. The number of times I was shocked varies in all the excitement.

DON'T MATTER NOW THOUGH, AS I BE ALIVE AND KICKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I walk through work once again today, to dis-spell the heeby-geebees of returning, and for exercise. I wish to place the thought of me lying on the floor, out of my mind to keep the suspense, and the fear away, just returning will be a huge accomplishment.

I WISH TO PLAY EXTRA INNINGS AND THINK ALL, FOR MAKING IT SO!

3 comments:

  1. I smiled as I read this. Keep on keeping on my friend.

    I will tell you this. I am just a nobody in this world. Just another "body" occupying my little space alloted to me. But I will never forget when we crossed paths here . You were the first one to speak to me after a year of writing. And at the time, I was in a real dark place in my life. You encouraged me to write, and keep writing and one day I just wrote myself right out of that dark place, and I owe that all to you. So you made a difference in MY life and I bet you have made more of a difference in this world than you give yourself credit for or even imagine.

    I'm glad you have extra innings !

    Be well and have a beautiful weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure appreciate your comments, especially this one. Why do we need this? I'm not sure but seems I must. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are quite welcome. I may get behind on reading your blogs, but I eventually catch up with them and I comment because I appreciate each and every blog you take the time to share. I always find some humor, or wisdom, or just some good common sense in every post you make. GlenView has been part of my day for quite some time now. A couple of years right? I hope there are LOTS of extra innings in your future my friend. :-)

      Delete