website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Old age and patience!

I wrote something yesterday about The Elitist, You hear this word on the news channel, well not the local news, the big all the time news. Seems my local news is okay, except for one thing. The lead off story is about, someone dying, car accident, home fire, shooting. I tune in several minutes late to watch the weather, sports and such. I'm not sure if I'll post the thought on the Elitist, my mind was stuck on that subject.

I just fixed myself a glass of ice tea. The weather has been so nice here, around the 60 degree mark, it will hit 65 today, ice tea just seemed fitting. I find myself doing as little as possible, and thinking the same. I have no desire to leave the house. I go to the doctor, store and see my mother. Too challenging to do anything else.

I use a C. Pap machine to sleep. It went bad a couple weeks ago, was a real pain in the ass, just attempting to get it worked on. The diagnostic screen showed bad power cord. Seemed simple enough to fix just get a new power cord right???

I don't drive much, especially across town to the doctors office. I tried something different. The last couple times my blood pressure has been high. I asked my sister who doesn't work if she would be my chauffeur, "sure" she said. This time it checked good. She said "call me anytime and we'll take a ride." We get to visit, works out good for both of us. I suspected as much on the blood pressure thing. It simply makes me nervous, I get irritated at the other drivers, it takes all my concentration and I have little anymore.   

I have no patience for stupidity! Not that I'm so smart, but I have common sense, something that is not too common, apparently in my little world above the Ohio River. I enter my local store and the receptionist asked "can I help you?" First mistake

She ask "my name." She types away on her computer and informs me "you have an inactive file."

My response was, "yes, haven't needed your services in awhile, I get my supplies through the mail, this machine is three years old."

She says, "your insurance card is outdated." I was standing there with my new card in my hand.

I have a weak bladder especially the first thing in the morning. I ask "can I use your rest room please?"

Her reply "we don't have a public restroom." Ah all, WRONG thing to say to me!

"I've never heard of a customer depend business like this that caters to us old folks that doesn't have a rest room." I reply with my legs tightened against my  . . .  you know.

I was getting lathered up a mite. I reckoned, per the little screen on my smart machine that I just needed a new power cord, ya see I have knocked it off the night stand a couple times.

I said "if you'll just let me see a technician we can get this settled real fast."

She asked "can you bring this back tomorrow?"

Ah oh! I replied "I have not slept for two days, since it went bad Saturday, and you want me to wait another 24 hours?"

YA SEE STUPIDITY HAS SET IN HERE! I NEED A NEW POWER CORD, A TECH COULD GET ME ONE AND I COULD BE OUT IN 5 MEASELY, SHORT, QUICK MINUTES, BUT NO . . . I'M DEALING WITH A RECEPTIONIST THAT DOESN'T KNOW NOTHING!

I was getting upset, and I need to use the rest room, I was in a deep quandary. So I said "apparently I'll have to go find a rest room before I can continue." I walk out the door a talkin' to myself, OOpsey out loud, "never herd of a place of business that don't let you use the bathroom!"

This is another reason why I don't like to go many places, me bladder ainna, whatta, it used to be! Lord have mercy, my friends, there ainna, nothing that works like it used to, add in the medicines I must take to survive, like water pills! I had this all figured out, I got up plenty early and took my meds. Even if I have to go, ya see, I'll just pop into their little boys room, no harm no foul it seems! To me anyhow.

I leave disgusted and pissed off, ( little funny here ) My sister is driving me, my mother's house is real close, so that's where we go. After thinking I called my wife and told her, she said "I'll take care of it for you." That's another reason I don't go out and about anymore. I'm hard of hearing so I always do business in person, Well within an hour I had my machine back, quite amazing ain't it?

SOMETIMES I THINK I MUST SPEAK RUSSIAN OR SOMETHING. THIS WAS AN EXAMPLE OF ONE LITTLE THING I GO THROUGH.

I 'm suppose to go once a month for blood work for clotting. The Doc. said "come anytime." I have been, and there has been no problem. A couple months ago I had several chores in town, and I hate being in town! I go over to my Doctor's office for blood work. The receptionist who always handles it said "go ahead and sit down, I'll tell them." She then picks up her purse and left, as in going home, I watched her drive away. Another woman asked me. "what did I need?" She said "we cannot do this now."

I remind her, "I was told to come in anytime," to get this simple procedure, like getting your blood sugar checked. One simple poke, blood comes out they read it. Simple huh?

Then a third person came out and "told me they cannot do it today."

I were gettin' perturbed! By then the whole office was listening to me. I was the only one in the waiting room. The nurse who usually does this was there, but she did not say anything.

I should a kept my mouth shut, but NO! "I made the point of getting this done today." I said " I drove all this way to get this done and you cannot do it? What's the matter is it too late in the day, you're certainly not busy?"

"The Doctor is not here to read it," the office manager said.

I said "he can read it tomorrow !" I left a shakin' me head, I we're a gettin' hot under me collar.

So I didn't go back that month, or the other. It has been checking fine for many months, they're loosing money because of this.

The next time I go every three months for a check up. My blood pressure was great ya see, my sister drove me. They treat me like royalty that visit, all of us talked and laughed, they made a special point of being nice to me. I pay their salary you know!

WELL I RECKON I HAVE MEANDERED ENOUGH. PATIENCE IS SOMETHING I WISH I HAD. MY WIFE HAS IT, MY MOTHER HAD TOO MUCH. DO YOU OUT THERE HAVE IT? I TOTALLY THINK THAT COMMON SENSE FOR THE MOST PART IS GONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment