website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Friday, March 6, 2015

IF?

I have been gone for awhile ... mentally and physically. Physically shot, in the bed for seven days, my mind was manic, I could not sleep.

So how was February or at least the last part, for you. Hopefully  fair to meddlin'.

I could not sleep, no dreams for me, my most important medicine for mental state and physical replenishment. Ahh! I did have much time for thought! Little comfort from that, as my mind was producing no help. I was in a loop of same ol', same ol', stuck groove as the old vinyl albums use to do. The more I tried resisting proved futile.

I could not rest, there was no way to lay or sit in my easy chair that would allow the least bit of comfort. Seven days I battle the devil, the devil was me! Three times before I fought this particular condition in the hospital, "no more!" I say. "I'll ride this out at home or die here in my bed!"

The body will tell you the problems, if! "I say IF! we listen". The trouble be now, I quit listening!
Felt better lost some weight, slowly old habits return. After all, I've abused my body all my life. Once I turned blue, brought back to life, given a second chance. Sure enough, lifetime of bad habits creep back in. After all we all have bad habits, don't we.

SINCE MY TWO HOSPITAL VACATIONS BACK IN SEPTEMBER ( HA, HA) I GAVE UP MANY THINGS THAT I HAVE BEEN ADDICTED TO ALL MY LIFE SUCH AS CAFFEINE, SUGAR, SALT, FAST FOOD, ALL THE GOOD STUFF THAT'S BAD FOR YOU. SLOWLY I GO BACK TO THE BAD HABITS, SO SLOWLY I BARELY NOTICED. WELL, MY BODY GOES HAYWIRE AND I LET IT HAPPEN. GLUCOSE OUT OF WHACK, POTASSIUM, LOW, TOO MUCH SALT CAUSING MY BODY TO RETAIN WATER. ENTIRELY MY FAULT AND MY STUPIDITY. I KNOW NOW AFTER GIVING ONCE AGAIN ANOTHER CHANCE, I HAVE NOBODY TO BLAME BUT ME.

HARD LESSONS ARE LEARNED THE HARD WAY. THESE LESSONS MUST BE REMEMBERED PERMANENTLY OR BAD HABITS RETURN. IN MY CASE JUST POOR EATING HABITS. SO SIMPLE YET SO HARD TO DO. MY EATING HABITS MUST REMAIN GOOD AS IN THE LAST TWO WEEKS. I FEEL REALLY GOOD AND WISH TO HOLD ONTO THAT.

1 comment:

  1. It is really really hard to change old eating habits and stick with the changes. Good for you that you did it and now recognize you have fallen back into old habits. It's a struggle sometimes, but realizing the problem is good. I'm cheering you on my friend :-)

    ReplyDelete