website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

SURVIVOR

As we put 2014 to bed, I for one am glad. The ups and downs of 2014 about done this here old boy down! Nothing is for sure, not even tomorrow. I have learned many lessons, probably more than all my others years combined. Sheesh, I reckon a survivor is a winner, hey?

One word or a short phrase will turn into a short vision in my head, many times during the day. I'm never near my computer, I've tried writing down a few keywords, but it's not the same, when I try to write it the feelings accompanying the thought is gone. I must have that feeling to produce. No! I don't have a portable computer, I'm not important enough to need one. I'm an old fashion man with old fashion ways, which I do not wish to give up until my last forever sleep. I reckon I'm still living in the first 30 years or so of my life. That would be the 50's, 60's, and 70's. I'm not saying that there was always good times. I'm a simple man with simple ways and those times fit me better. I was young still learning about life. I had a fire in me belly, that's burned out. I felt as though I could do anything, just put my mind to it. I gave my all no matter what the challenge was. I enjoyed all the simple pleasures of life. Motorcycle riding was fantastic, fishing was relaxing, going to the movies was still the adventure I loved as a child, sex, well sex was a new adventure in exploration and closeness as two people can find.

Well shit! What am I trying to say. I'll give an example. I have cable with an unbelievable amount of channels. I find myself forever searching for something to enjoy. I recently discovered by accident that I have channels from 1010 up to 1500. I ask myself "what the hell is this all about?" NOBODY told me about this!!!I have a 42 inch screen, so channels thru 250 are what I have been a tryin' to find something worth watching. Probably half these channels I cannot get, well now I fucked something up on me remote a couple Sunday mornings ago and I was getting new clearer, sharper channels around 1200. I realized this higher channels were in high definition. WHY? Seems I don't understand ANYTHING any more and by dog-gie I don't wanna! These channels are mostly the same channels as my low channels but much clearer. The colors are prettier, everything so much better. Shite I can see a tick on a dog's butt. The close ups on older stars, sheesh! DAMN!!! they be OLD!

I reckon the key to aging is quite simple, just be a survivor, out live the others. Fer whatever the reason, I'm still alive, don't do one no good to think about it. Whether I been good or bad, don't mean diddly!

SOMETIMES IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A SURVIVOR, SOMETIMES I FEEL SO OUT OF PLACE I WANT TO HIDE. IT IS WHAT IT IS I RECKON, AND I BELIEVE EVER ONE WILL MOST LIKELY EXPERIENCE THAT BEFORE THEY CHECK OUT.

I FEEL LIKE A KID AGAIN WHEN I CAN ACTUALLY FIND SOMETHING GOOD TO WATCH ON MY BIG SCREEN TELEVISION OF MANY CHANNELS. ALMOST . . . AS GOOD AS I FELT WHEN WE HAD THREE CHANNELS IN BLACK AND WHITE, COMING HOME AFTER SCHOOL AND WATCH "THE MICKEY MOUSE CLUB." DAMN HOW THINGS CHANGE.

I been a drinkin', and a thinkin'  (That may be a bad combination, I drink sprite zero.)

No comments:

Post a Comment