website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Winter wheat and springtime beauty.

It was such a nice day I pull into a farmer's field under a big oak tree and had a picnic, me and my two companions Taco and Rambo you remember Taco is a brown and black chihuahua, Rambo is my yorkie. Rambo has the heart of a lion and the body of a mouse. Taco is more of a lover than a fighter. I have a box on the passenger seat so they can see out. Rambo gets the window seat , Taco is happy watching the world go by.

It's a beautiful day, warm with a nice southern breeze. I look out over the wheat field, the wind is blowing the still green wheat that has reached its full growth soon to turn brown for the June picking. The wind sends ripples through the field, I was parked on a small rise so the sight was quite amazing. This feeling of  complete contentment certainly made my day, by far the highlight. After watching the wheat field for quite a while. I decided to read a few chapters my book. Rambo and Taco are settled into their naps chasing butterflies. Time passes quickly, doesn't matter I'm retired and can spend my days doing anything I wish. For a couple hours there was no aches, pains, time didn't matter, only the feeling of the moment, peacefully reminding me there are still moments that do matter still. I was thinking "a ice cream cone would go good about know." I get one at Burger King for fifty cents, do you believe that, nothing better than a good deal, reminding me of yesteryear. Me, Taco, and Rambo have ice cream, whoo-wee! We take a little ride, with the windows down, smells of freshly mowed grass and flowers. Damn! is this heaven? Reality sets in as I pull in my driveway, grass needs mowing. "I think I'll trade Rambo and Taco in for a couple goats, let them chomp my grass."I take them into the safety of my house, Rambo's so small a Hawk might mistake him for a rat and have lunch.

I'm not in the mood to mow my grass, that's how I get my exercise, push mowing. I thought about buying a new mower the kind that's self propelled, then decided, I mow so slow it might be too fast for an old man like me, besides the extra exercise is good for me. I sit outside enjoying the day watching Taco and Rambo playing. The mowing gets pushed back as I read some more. Finally a couple hours before dark with the sun is on its downward slide I get to pushing. No need to hurry, I'm retired, all my life rush, rush, rush. Now its take my time, there's always another day, read another chapter, pet the dog, sip ice tea. When I was in the workforce we would get a fifteen minute break every two hours, NOW, I work fifteen minutes and take a two hour break. The Life of Riley you know. Before you know it, it's almost dark, time to go in and watch Grey's Anatomy. No news shows for me! I'm over that shite! Hog wash, pork barreling, dung slinging, all bull, bull, bull! and more bull, instead of Washington D. C. I call it "The Stockyards."

A shower, a sandwich, two dogs on my lap relaxed as one can get. I wish every day could be like today, and "make it so" just like John Luke Piccard would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment