website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Saturday, October 12, 2019

OLD AGE, PAIN AND TIME.

Old Age, Pain and Time. I reckon you can guess where this is headed! This is for you old farts, younger that forty need not read, you'll not understand. I had many a conversations today with some old-timers like me. You old-timers out there in blog land will get this post.

I have lived at my current residence for a long time. Much upkeep and many, many, dollars later, the only thing left to fix was my septic system. Oh crap! Ha! ha!, a wee funny I laid on you. Those of you in the cities may not know what a septic tank is. It has nothing to do with something you catch in hospitals. I did go into septic tank shock after getting an estimate though. I was literally sick to my stomach and my savings took a huge hit. No insurance for this!

Okay, about me and the old timers. I go outside and sit in my swing, ready to offer advice if needed.
'Bout now, you're asking yourself "what's old Glen know about septic systems?"

The main man had a hip replacement, both knees refurbished. He now has a pinched nerve. I can feel his pain on the pinched nerve, yes-sir, I ya know 'bout them damn old pinched nerves! The other fella' his right hand man. comes up to talk to me, he be walking crookedly leaning on a cane. I say "have a chair rest them legs," "I can't, I hurt worse when I sit," he replied". We converse for a spell about pain and old age. Both agree the Doctors won't give us old farts anything good to take our pain of life's wear, just plain ol' living. The Boss man comes over and joins in on our old man conversation. We agree on all subjects about old age, pain and time. The old man with the cane gets on the cutest Kubota with a backhoe, place his cane to the side. Away he goes as straight as an arrow to go move some dirt. better than and old man operating one of them motorized house scooters.

Pain, old age is not something I would wish on nobody. Yet we all must suffer through it. There is meds that can block the pain, but my Doctor won't prescribe it. I asked him "why have them if you won't prescribe them to the ones that need them?" His answer "you don't want to get hooked on them". I gave a hearty laugh "I had a pulmonary embolism 5 years ago and you're worried about a few pain pills a day I just want to survive a few more years with less pain is that asking too much for modern medicine!"

I have tried repeatedly to get back into writing my blog. Seems I write about 100 words, then the words stop. Now that I have all the time  I need seems nothing appeals to me. I shall attempt to write everyday hoping the automatic writing thing a ma bob will kick in. Man that's so beautiful when the words just flow. I don't wish to go political. Every time I watch the news I have a really bad taste in my mouth. No, no that's not from drinking! So you think quite watching the news is the answer to that problem. I' like a news junkie I must watch at least one newscast. Local news does not settle my thirst.

I must get emotionally involved. Back when I was working, my emotions would run the gauntlet. I could shift gears into overdrive to get mentally and physically high. Ah! but that's not good, I'd get high from taking life too seriously. I knew no other way. What seemed to make the words come easier was relaxing after work letting my fingers do the talking. I do miss it. My remembrance of dreams seems to have gone away, I truly hate that, my emotions inside the dream state was powerful.

I'm trying I have the phrase flyover states stuck in my crawl and I'll attempt to write it away. 

1 comment:

  1. WOW, good to see you back here and posting. It's been a LONG time. I hope you keep writing. Just write anything like you used to tell me. Write about your day, even if YOU think it is nothing to write about. I always enjoyed your posts, both the stories and your opinions and even when you would just ramble on about everyday things. You used to inspire me to write so often and it was a wonderful surprise to see you here.

    ReplyDelete