website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Thursday, February 22, 2018

A Crying Shame!

My heart bleeds again. I'm devastated by the horrendous news in Florida. Senseless killings of  children. How do you stop such madness? Can it be stopped? My first instinct is no. Craziness, hatred, been around forever.

Get rid of the guns, that'll stop it. I wish it's that simple.

Put trained professionals in all schools. Train teachers in the use of firearms, allowing them to carry. Metal detectors at all entrances. For that matter, that goes for churches, anywhere more than a few people gather, require armed protectors.

What is wrong with individuals that would even think about mass murder. I cannot grasp such insanity.

Cable news will run this story and have guest explaining why. Won't solve a thing.

Politicians have the solution just listen they'll tell you so. Look at what they have accomplished by stopping the drug epidemic. Illegal aliens stopped, right? What have the mighty politicians leading our nation accomplished. Talk is cheap and all the hot air blowing should keep Washington weather permanently hot!

So are these shooters mentally unstable? Well yeah!!! Do we take all mentally unstable people and place them in mental institutions? Why not, if their on medications why not, let the medicine manufacturers pay.

Tax the gun manufacturers, make them pay for the damages their guns cause.

Games that kids play shooting the bad guys, showing blood, then do it over and over. It's not real, over and over, again and again.

I grew up after WWII, war movies play everywhere. Westerns, killing the bad guys, the Indians, hanging cattle rustlers.

All the men in my family had shotguns for hunting, a fun hobby apparently. I never understood it but gained a healthy respect and understanding for a firearm,

When did these school shootings start, I've forgotten. There was no such thing in my generation, so what are the causes?

Everybody probably has an opinion and all are probably right. There are countless causes. I suspect there lies children that simply fall through the cracks.

There was once mental institutions in my state. I remember reading years ago where it was too costly to maintain them the way they have been since their beginnings. So many smaller private mental health homes/halfway house facilities became the norm. With modern medicines, a new era dawns curing enough to be a productive member of society. Seems their saying, per my interpretation is "give them the new meds, let them do the job and get them a job and earn their keep."

I do remember when Prozac was all the rage in the Psychiatry profession. Zoloft and Paxil are also the same medicine, if I understand correctly. Different Pharmas had to have their versions I suppose. Anyway I believe the Drug Manufacturers went crazy trying to come up the next big miracle drug to boost the bottom line. Perhaps this ushered in a new wave of  making billions and curing all problems with a pill.

Can mighty pills cure all? Well many leaks seem to spring from the avalanche of modern cures. Anti-depressants are not for everybody, side effects for some are life threatening as in suicide. So much controversy follow these types of medications.

I don't have the answer, no one does. I suppose I'm just venting my frustrations like most of us.

Countless reasons for the mess we find ourselves in in this tortured world.

Drugs both legal and illegal tear families apart.

Our leaders cannot solve anything. Bickering at the Washington level is so saddening, so childlike.

 The two parties fight and we the American people pay the price, in money and lives.

I WASN'T GOING TO POST THIS, BUT CHANGED MY MIND, AS RED SKELETON USED TO SAY AT THE END OF ALL HIS SHOWS, "GOODNIGHT AND MAY GOD BLESS." Glen

5 comments:

  1. I'm afraid there are way too many causes and not enough solutions, or solutions that anyone can agree on. I'm glad you did post this. Writing helps to get something off your chest.

    Have a wonderful week.

    Celia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks C. I HAVE LITTLE, IF NO CONFIDENCE IN OUR POLITICAL LEADERSHIP ABOUT SOLVING ANYTHING. Glen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with you on that my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glenster...
    Good to see ya back!
    Hey...I have the solution to all this insane gun violence. HONESTLY. It works. And you can help facilitate it yourself with your own thumb! It's so simple, why didn't we think of it sooner? Pick up a copy of 1984 and REREAD it. Then with your little thumb, turn off that goddamned television, until, like Winston, you aren't allowed to. Simple, huh? I will personally guarantee it. Oh...and if you need any 'thoughts and prayers', I have a garage full of the damned things cluttering up my garage. You're welcome to em.
    Keep em flyin, ol friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Timster, glad to see your still kickin'. I'm trying to get back to posting, my mind ain't cooperating like it us-ta.

    Truth is there's not a fuckin' thing we the average citizen Joe can do about it. Glen

    ReplyDelete