website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Yesterday, today, and tomorrow

Every day's the same. Don't know what day it is, most of the time. I reckon, there's no need to. I'm a candle burnt down, with little left. My shining has been many days past. Hell, I never knew it was lite when it was burning! I'm just another brick in the wall as one of my favorite songs said. Too late to do anything about it, too late, too care. On any given day, good or bad few things keep me going. The love of family, love of my pets, from me, to them, them to me is my highlight. The need that they need me, keeps the small flame going. The things I once deemed important, some more so than others, are long gone. The shell of a man remains, brain still functions, with little need to. Going to the store and the Doctor takes a days worth of energy.

I'M NOT ASKING FOR PITY, I KNOW WE ALL WILL GO THROUGH MANY STAGS OF LIFE BEFORE THE LAST LUAU. YA SE I STILL HAVE MY SENSE OF HUMOR! THAT'S A MIGHTY IMPORTANT.

The nightly news, always the same. Yer asking, "why watch it then?" I must for an unknown reason, probably makes me feel like I'm still in the game. What game? Huum, good question. Y'all mighty smart out there! I can no longer read the newspaper, they keep making the size of the paper smaller, the print must be also smaller cause I can no longer make out the words. I reckon there be no need to read it anyway, at least watching the evening news they can tell me everything I need to know. Ha, ha!

It is glorious, when I come across a movie that holds my attention, believe me, it doesn't happen very often. If I do come across one the commercials ruin it. Saturday night I happened upon a rare delight. The movie Water Diviner, with Russell Crowe, directed by Russell Crowe,  it peaked my interest. Good movie with many messages. The kind of movie they used to make, I highly recommend it. It was on H. B. O. so there was nary a commercial, hallelujah! After this movie was another, Exodus, Gods and Kings.

Recently I came across a documentary about Moses and the battles he fought as he was leading his people across the many years returning to the homeland. This documentary as well as other information through the years seemed to strike a chord. Seems to me if I remember correctly Moses struck down one of his own tribes. The wars and slaughtering is inconceivable as in one conversation Moses tells his brother to kill everyone of their enemies, including women and children.

WHY I'M SAYING THIS I DON'T KNOW, HOWEVER IT WILL BE FOREVER ON MY MIND. IN SUNDAY SCHOOL AS A CHILD THE BIBLE STORIES SEEMED JUST STORIES. STORIES THAT HAVE BEEN TOLD,  WRITTEN DOWN. JUST DOESN'T SEEM REAL, ALL THE DEATH, AND WARS.

EVEN TODAY AS THE NEWS REPORTS OF UNREST IN THE MODERN WORLD, HOW CAN THIS BE POSSIBLE? THE STATISTICS I HAVE READ ABOUT IN THE MANY WARS THE UNITED STATES HAS FOUGHT, ESPECIALLY THE CIVIL WAR IS HORRENDOUS, DISGUSTING, UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE!

THER'S ALWAYS BEEN WARS, ALWAYS WILL BE AS MAN FIGHTS OVER RELIGION, MORE LAND AS CONQUERORS KILL FOR THE POWER AND MONEY IT BRINGS THEM. SAD AIN'T IT? GREED, POWER, CONTROL.

This is on my mind, maybe it makes sense, I don't know. There is no understanding of the un-understanding ways, is there. I suppose my fault is I want to make sense out of the un-sensible ways of man. I CANNOT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment