website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Friday, September 9, 2011

That's All Folks

What shall I write today, I never have nothing in mind as I relax at the computer before going to bed. [YAWN] I'm putting myself to sleep already. [YAWN] Damn this may be short, or I've figured out a way to skip meditation and go straight to my dreams. That would give plenty to write about I guarantee you. My dreams are so full so real, better than these damn dumm and stupid movies they make anymore. As a young teenager I wanted to be a movie critic. I thought that would be the ultimate and best job you could have. Growing up my family didn't have a television, so I read anything and every thing. First was the dime comic books, I was the sidekick to all the Super Heroes. Then it was biographies of famous people and so on and so forth. My imagination blossomed from these books, I could feel the book and lose myself into another world. It was fantastic! Then, my first Saturday morning movie with some friends at the age of 12. My first real movie at a real theatre. Not the movie show places of today. A real magnificent theatre built in the early 1900's. Originally a grand theatre for performing arts, funded by the founding families of the area. Later turned into a movie house on such a grand scale that a young lad found magical, escaping into visual imagery not thought possible. My first movie was 1,000 Leagues Under the Sea, I had read the book. To this day all the technological advances doesn't hold a candlestick compared to my first screening of a movie in color, in a grand old movie theatre. Of course, I had seen black and white movies at school and at the boys club. Yes we visited friends and family that had T V, however nothing prepared a poor boy for this wondrous smelling, glorious way of completely immersing your self into another world as you ride along. The cartoons before the actual movie were funnier, and so much bigger than on the little t v. Remember, one gigantic screen, one movie, but it was in gigant-a-screen and mega-sound and cimemascope and all that fantastic stuff of that era! Sunday thru Wednesday was one movie, Thursday thru Saturday was another. I was a paper boy making my own money, every Saturday afternoon and every Sunday afternoon I was at the only movie theatre in town. Didn't matter what was playing, I was there at the 2 P. M. matinee. The last movie I screened at that movie house was Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven. I can honestly say that was the last movie I totally immersed myself into. The smell of that old movie house especially on the hottest day of the summer. You enter thru oversized doors from another era and fresh popcorn popping overwhelms your senses, then the coolness of the inside hits you, then the coolness of the ancient decor with the stairways on each side of the theatre taking you to the balcony, where the grandest of another time overwhelms you, taking you to unparelled highs in enjoyment. All I can say, that's entertainment that I truly miss!

Entertainment can be imitated and mass produced. More of everything does not make it better, it makes it, stale! You go and pay, for the same-o same-o! If one is good more is better, is it? Seems to me since around the original Star Wars it has become mass produced conglomerate advertising mega hits, targeted to sales of everything. Entertainment sure has changed, is it better? Why of course how can a mega movie theatre be bad. You pay more for drinks, popcorn, the movie has to be better. How many damn scary, vampire, world ending, destroying movies do you need! I say damn why end the H. P. series when their young adults. How many more books and movies can be written and made into movies, when you have created a fan base until they die. Plenty more mass marketing left there.

Damn television has been so overdone that people are leaving the damn thing on not for the entertainment value but for sheer company. That's right just to hear the noise. The bigger the T V the better for the children to rot their little brains and becoming smaller from all the games. Junior can't read, but damn you ought to see him work the game console.

ENTERTAINMENT MY ASS! TODAY'S WORLD IS SO OVER SATURATED WITH NOTHING, THEREFORE NOBODY KNOWS NOTHING. TEENAGERS TEXT, TEXT, TEXT. "YEAH I QUIT SCHOOL SO I WOULD HAVE MORE TIME TO TEXT". IS THIS ENTERTAINMENT TODAY, TEXTING, GAME PLAYING, MINDS BUSY WITH RIGHT NOW SATISFACTION. IS THIS THE IMAGINATION INSTILLED OR CREATED BY MASS MEDIA. UNFORTUNATELY I THINK SO!

I LEAVE YOU TODAY WITH A VERY INTERESTING TID-BIT OF INFORMATION I LEARNED TODAY, I BELIEVE IT TO BE ACCURATE. THERE IS A GROUP OF PEOPLE THAT IS LESS THAN 1% OF THE WORLDS POPULATION. THIS GROUP HAS 40% OF THE WEALTH!!! ABSOLUTELY FASCINATING!!!   good day my friends of the world or there abouts... that's all FOLKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment