website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

THE STREAM

First and foremost (is that a word?) I wish to thank those of you from literally all around the globe that take the time to visit my humble little site. I don't have the words to show my appreciation. From my heart to you "THANKS."

My all time favorite author is????..... Drum roll please! Samuel Clemens better known as Mark Twain. Yep I got hooked on him as a child. I confess to not reading all his books. Living life, changed him. Hells fire! Who don't it change! Ah, but that's why we the readers LOVE IT, ain't it? Humor, adventure, wisdom, good stories that can take us away from ... the everyday goings on, is wonderful!
Samuel Clemens gave his money away too freely found himself heavily in debt in his sixties. He toured the world giving first hand glimpses into his one of a kind mind, filled with humor that every man could identify with. Paid all his debts, most unbelievable by modern standards I say! In his latter days he was asked to many events, I reckon he was a stand up comedian before the time. He delighted people just being himself.

In between the first grade Readers of the adventures of Dick and Jane and their dog Spot has been many, many books. So many magazines, newspapers, short stories, comic strips, I cannot count.

My latest read is the greatest so far, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky. Most recently I have found out the book I'm currently immersed within is Samuel Clemens favorite author. What a hoot .... I gave out upon learning of this! My eyes .... well think hootie-hoot-hoot!

Writing, rather the art of enjoying a good book I think is a lost but fundamental way of building young minds. I wish to object with myself, if I may! One never becomes to old to be entertained in a way that incites the imagination from within. To sit quietly, peacefully, imagining the un-imaginary tales of great and magnificent authors is a pleasure, unlike no other!!!

How can 'The Now Generation' find the mind making memories, ideals, morality on a flat monitor or an itty-bitty one? Furthermore  a communicating device not meant to play games on, nor type until your fingers ache. Intentionally shortening words so you can text more drivel. Seems the emitting of questionable waves coming through the hand held modern marvels or modern day electro-shock therapy treatments, truly is frying brains! Ah! But that be the opinion of one old man that will not be around to see the complete destruction of the modern mind!

Face to face communication, WHAT!!! What is that? Seems in the communication age of here and now, the communication lies in the crapper! Yep! That be my take on it!

What has communication to do with a good book? Damn I don't know! My intention was to talk upon "Stream of Consciousness". Well "Lord Have Mercy" I do reckon I have done some of that "Screaming Conscious" or whatever!!!! Ah,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha!

Stream of Consciousness is the flow of thoughts: the continuous, uninterrupted flow of thoughts and feelings through somebody's mind. Well lookie here, that somebody be me!

Oh! Oh! Oh! I happen upon this explanation from Buddhism. Stream of Consciousness refers to the flow of thoughts in the conscious mind. The full range of thoughts that one can be aware of can form the stream. Is that not beautiful?

My buddy Uh-Clem (Yep, that's his nickname!) has been trying to get me to understanding this here Stream of Consciousness fer a spell. I reckon I kinda do this naturally. Shucks! I just type whatever comes through, no matter where it comes from! Otherwise there would be nothing! GOODNIGHT BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF THE WORLD....... Glen

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I am behind again. Life gets in the way sometimes.

    I think my stream dried up....... so for now I content myself by following your stream of consciousness which is always rather interesting and many time entertaining. Let it flow big brother!!

    ReplyDelete