website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

"Souls"

Everyone understands the word "soul", right! It maybe somewhat hard to actually put in words but we know in our heart the meaning! Please dwell with me for a moment what soul means to you! -----------
All our lives souls have touched us, in ways most probably we never thought about! An example I never considered until this exact moment, Red Skeleton the comedian who had a television show in my formative years. Wholesome, family entertainment who touched my soul. I read his life story and was inspired even more, plus he was raised in my home state. He wrote, painted and went through a tragedy with his child, he was REAL! You feel his soul through his work all of it, laid bare for us ro see, feel, relate to!

I actually can't remember a childhood hero! I have read countless biographies in my life, but never felt their souls! The closest I've learn to admire, would be JFK. That's been built from a lifetime of learning. Heroes are real people like the Captain who landed the plane on the Hudson River! NOT, million $ cry babies of modern arenas! Real people who are real, like the late Steve Irwin, his work was his life. Admired by family, friends, people, all over the world! We have too few "real" PEOPLE! I'm connected to Steve Irwin's & Red Skeleton's soul, always will be to the day I die!

In our everyday existence we encounter souls. Some good, some despicable, some you wish to not encounter again. We sense and feel somes soul's, whilst some seem to be see through!

I've become introverted on my late stage of life, I tire of the daily grinding of lost souls! They wander listlessly, lacking heart, soul, conviction to anyone or anything! I like "real people real souls"! Doesn't matter if I agree, they have conviction! I despise HUCKSTERS, I love REAL people!

My Grandmother was "real". She grew up wild as wild weeds! Became religous and was as pure as one could be on this plane of existence! My Mother is "real" at the age of over 80. (WOW!) I've not known a lot of REAL ones in my lifetime, sadly I wish I'd known more!!! Luckily I still know a few, which I consider myself lucky!

I'M GOING TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT, MY WAY OF PAYING HOMAGE TO "REAL SOULS", I'VE KNOWN. I WISH FOR YOU VISIT TWO OF MY PAST POST! MY TOKEN FOR KNOWING THESE SOULS WHO HAVE RECENTLY PASSED! (ONE MY AGE WHO MAKES ME THINK ABOUT MY REALITY.) HE TOLD ME THIS HEARTWARMING TRUE STORY "MAX" MANY YEARS AGO. THE OTHER IS THE SAME STORY, TOLD FROM ANOTHER PERSPECTIVE, HONORING MY BEST FRIEND EVER!!!   My first post was "Max", the second will be found in my archives, written from the view of a dog, appropriately titled, "Tale Of A Dog (Max), on 1/23/11.
I tried to pull them up, to make it more accessible for you and put them in front of this post! Sadly I failed! Remember this here o'l man is new to these new fangled thing-a-ma-bob's!  MY SALUTE'S ARE FOR N. T. who passed away back in September and to my best friend and purest spirit I've EVER KNOWN, Aussie Blue (aka) Punky, Punkster, Puppy, earlier this month!!! (I will write a short story about my Punky someday!!! Goodnight as always thank you for visiting my humble site! RED SKELETON would end his show by saying, (MAY GOD BLESS!) 
   

1 comment:

  1. I well remember Red Skelton . My dad watched his show every week and later in life he watched old reruns of him on tv. That was one of the times when I knew my dad would be in a good mood. He laughed so hard during that whole show that I thought he would bust a gut !!!

    I am with you on the "real souls". There are a few who have touched my life through the years also.

    I will check out your two stories a bit later this evening after I wash dishes and clean up a bit. The grandchildren have left to go back home and I need to pick up after them !

    Looking forward to reading your stories about your very best friend Aussie Blue. I think that is a good idea, to write about your pup will help to keep him alive in your memory as he is in your heart. It is those memories that will help you through the loss because though the physical body has passed away, the memories will always remain.

    Hope you and your wife have a nice and peaceful week.

    ReplyDelete