website-hit-counters.com
Provided by website-hit-counters.com site.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

TALE OF A DOG (MAX)

          (THIS IS A TRUE STORY ABOUT MAX. MY FIRST POST WAS TITLED MAX AND THE OHIO AS TOLD TO ME BY A FRIEND. I AM RE-WRITING THIS STORY AND TOLD FROM THE DOG'S VIEW POINT I HOPE YOU LIKE IT.)    While reading this story think along with me and act as you are a beagle dog.  GLEN

          What the "tail." Waking up is roough when you can't remember anything. What am I doing on this tree on the roover (river). Probably best I don't know, how do I get offf? I'll have to rrride it out. Just when all hope was gone I hear a loud noise, it is a human thing only instead of a doggies favorite "truuck" it is on the water. Is it coming to save me? A huuu-man grabs me. I'm offf, offf, offf the tree. My tail is wagging so fast I'm lifting off the ground "rrrrr-rrrrr" wagging, wagging. I'm happy, happy, happy. Finally I'm on grrround. I love grrround where I can ruun, ruun, ruun, I'm so happy. Thank you, thank you, thank you you are my masterrr forrr-everrr. I love grrround, I love grrround. Come here masterrr I must lick you, please, please, please. Where's a rrr-rabbit, I need to chase a rrr-rabbit. I need a rrr-rabbit!!!
          I take me a nice dog-gie nap under the prettiest tree I have ever peeed on. Life is so good on land. I walk around visiting humans who give me all kinds of food. What kind of place is this trrrucks everywhere and them truck water riding things. I like it here huu-mans come and go. My masterrr has left I hope I see him again.
          The huu-man who pulled me off the roover is back, my masterrr is back, is my tail wagging? I must show how much I like him. Just me and him and a nice lady wooo life is sooo good. If only I was still a puppy they would find me more adoreable. I'll just wag my tail off and look at them with my puppy dog eyes. Orrr should I go chase them up a rrr-rabbit. I don't know what to do. I bet I smell, I don't think huu-mans like that stinky dog smell. I'll hang around and look as cute as I can.
          There getting into every dog's dream, a truck, what'll I do! They scratched my head I know they like me. After all he is the one who saved me. I run as fast a I can but my short legs are no match for the trrr-uuuck.
          There is no one here to scratch my head, to talk to me I'm so lonely. Well not as lonely as when I was on the tree on the roover. Aw-wooo, aw-woo, aw-ooo a good whine might clear my mind. I'll whine myself to sleep. After all I am on dry grrround!
          After a good, whine and nap I see someone coming to see me. It's a trrr-uck. It's my masterrr and his lady. They look so happy to see me. Maybe my cute looks has paid offf. I'm in the trrr-uck, I'm rrr-iding in the trrr-uck.
          I'm at their home, home, home. It smells just like them I looo-ooove their smell. Ooo-weee they give me a bath, do I smell goood!!! The rrr-abbits would laugh at me, I don't care I have a hooo-me. They call me Maxx, what a wonderful name.
          They take me to this place, where a man did all kink of unmentionable wei-rrrd stuff to me. He stuck me with this thing and took some of me out, ooouuuch. Apparently there is something wrong with me, not now, I have a home! I was sick for awhile, but I'm okay now. Seems my mast-errrs have saved me again, oooweee their good humans.
          I have my very own blanket on the couch where I sleep at night. My days are spent outside, I have the best of both worlds. I no longer have nightmares about the roover. Thanks to my gracious adopted family (even the cat.) Thank you, thank you, THANK YOUUU!!!      WHOOF! WHOOF!

I TRULY HOPE YOU HAVE AS MUCH FUN READING THIS STORY ABOUT A LOG RIDING BEAGLE ON THE OHIO RIVER WHO WAS RESCUED.
                                                                                                     GLEN
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            !

2 comments:

  1. How very brilliant !!! I truly felt I was looking through the eyes of the pup. You know, it shows the closeness you must have had with your best friend Aussie Blue, that you are able to write so well from the dog's perspective.

    ReplyDelete